Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Art of Marriage



Today my daring Honey sent me this reminder of a card we have sitting on our dresser.
We have had it for so very, very long, that I don't even notice it very often at all.

I should though, and I should remember the sentiments on it more often.

♥ The Art of Marriage ♥

A good marriage must be created:

In the art of marriage the little things are the big things....

It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say, "I love you" at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.
It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
It is in giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.
It is finding room for the things of the spirit.
It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.
It is no only marrying the right partner.
It is being the right partner.

Thank you my love for reminding me of this.
You are all those things and I am very grateful to have you as my Marriage partner.

All my Love always
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blessings,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful sentiments - it would be a wonderful world if all husbands and wives remembered them.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...