Monday, September 19, 2011

Gentleness!!

I admire JR Miller and his writings. They have such a wonderful truth about them.
So today I would like to share this thought on Gentleness~ I agree with this thought wholeheartedly and pray that I am like this in my own life.

"Gentleness is a beautiful quality. It is essential to all true character. Nobody admires ungentleness in man or woman. When a man is harsh, cold, unfeeling, unkind, and rude and rough in his manner, no one speaks of his fine spirit. When a woman is loud-voiced, dictorial, petulant, given to speaking bitter words and doing unkindly things, no person is ever heard saying of her, “What a lovely disposition she has!” She may have many excellent qualities, and may do much good, but her ungentleness mars the beauty of her character." ~J. R. Miller

Blessings to you and your homes,

2 comments:

Emily Fay said...

I love Jr Miller too! What a wonderful quote and I love your picture today. Have a blessed Sabbath!

Nell said...

Thank you for the reminder, It is hard to always be gentle minded. Something I have to costantly remind myself to be, especially when the children haven't done what I have asked them to do for the third time..
It is so easy at times to raise our voices and become stressed, when we should be calm and gentle minded..
Oh well I am still growing and changing in this important area.
Blessings Nell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...