Monday, April 6, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook April 6


A Simple Woman's Daybook
April 6
Welcome to my Simple Woman's Daybook for this week:

Be sure to stop over at Peggy's and check out some other inspiring Daybook entries.
I am completing my entry tonight Sunday as I know I'll be busy tomorrow.

Outside My Window ...
Crisp Autumn night. Cold wind blowing. Scrumptious

***
I am listening to...
Boys playing Star Wars Battlefront as they cook Snowflake Cookies( these are delectable.)

***
I am thinking...
Of all the things I need to do this week.
A dear friend who especially needs prayer.
Also about how we can manage to get interstate for Confirmation of 2 of our children in the Traditional Rite at the end of June.
Of being patient about our circumstances.
***
To Live the Liturgy...
To as fully as possible to be a part of Holy week activities.
Thursday: Mass of the Lords Supper. we will be involved in the Foot Washing part. We have been asked for 3 volunteers. Perhaps conscription will be enforced. Seriously I find this a very humbling experience and difficult to do.
Friday: Confession
Stations of the Cross
Commemoration of the Passion.
Saturday:I would love to go to the Vigil Mass but don't know if we will make it to this.
Sunday:Easter Mass ,of course.
***
To Breathe Deeply...
Just enjoy my Home, Husband and children. Look for all their good qualities and praise them for them.
To not over commit with my planning for Easter Preparations.

***
Towards rhythm and beauty ...
To spend the 3 days Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday cleaning in preparation for Easter.
I know many people have been doing this through Lent but we do better with an intensive burst of "ALL HANDS ON DECK" we have got visitors arriving in 3 hours type of thing.
***
I am thankful for ...
A husband who loves and supports me in all I do.
Older boys who can drive while we take Daddy to the airport so I can do Planning in the car.
This is actually good as I don't get interrupted by the toddler. Then I worked on the sewing for Easter before the sun went down forcing me to stop.
Older girls who can cook dinner while I'm gone.
And a precious little baby to snuggle and love.
The Extended-care midwife who has been a continual help in the sorting out of baby Arwens feeding problems, even though this still isn't fixed yet.(yes still thankful)

***
From the kitchen ...
Corned Beef with mashed potatoes, honey carrots, peas and beans.
***
I am wearing ...
Pajamas and slippers and a dressing gown as it is getting cold.

***
I am creating ...
Easter items for Easter Baskets and the Easter table as children wake up on Easter morning. I have created some things but won't say as the children read this blog.
Still working on these.

***
On my iPod...
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers as I express throughout the day.
I am getting through a lot of our story tapes during this time.

***
Towards a real education ...
Read Lent and Easter books.
Make an Easter Egg tree together. The children are writing and illustrating their own Easter or Lent book.They have nearly finished these.
Making Easter cards for each other.
Dying red Eggs to crack on Easter Day
Create an Easter Garden.
Make things for Corbyn's Pirate Party for his 3rd Bithday which we will celebrate on Easter Monday instead o Holy Saturday
Maths and English.

Bringing beauty to my home ...
Encouraging a servant attitude by all, including myself.
Soft, loving and patient voices and actions.
Bedtime routines with the young ones.
Continuing on with these.

***
I am reading ...
For Lent for me--What happens When women Pray. And for relaxation Rangers Apprentice: Eric's Ransom and China Bayles' Book of Days
I haven't had much time this week to read.
For the children:
Various books from Lenten Basket and lots of Star Wars Chapter books STILL.

***
I am hoping ...
WE can SELL our house before Easter and be reunited as a family once more.
I can't wait until I can cross this out.

***
Around the house ...
Cleaning and planning. Does this ever end?? No that is what I do. I look after our home, plan for education and family memories and I am thankful for this as I Love doing it.
***

One of my favorite things ...
Snuggling up in bed with some 'extras' who have come in during the night and chatting about 'stuff'.
***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
See above really .
Shopping for Easter Eggs and special menu food items, as well as regular grocery shopping.
Birthday presents shopping and making a Pirate figure for the Birthday Ring to fit in with the Pirate theme.
Make plans for Arwens Baptism which has been complicated to get organised.

***
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is a serious lot of wood boys. A lot of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...