Sunday, September 19, 2010

A few Updates from our Home!

Well here I am again, finally after many days.  I can't believe it was Thursday I finally asked for prayer for our continued illness in the home.
Well sadly but truly it continues within our home. We have improved a little with the vomiting having run it' course but we continue to be plagued by racking coughs from Stephen down to Rogan. Our little ones: Moran down are not coughing but still not really eating and just miserable, needing lots of cuddles and I must admit we have watched oodles of DVDs over the last few days. For those who go from sleeping to not really having the energy to do anything else. That is the other thing about this virus it really saps you of having much energy. It is a strange thing to see our very active older boys especially being so weak and helpless.

As we don't seem to be getting on top (we actually have had this re occurring for months now- each time it seems to be hitting harder) of this I am planning to see the very nice Natropath lady at our local chemist tomorrow and seeing what she has that might be able to help us on our way.
Some of our sickies all together in the Family Room
I would like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for us on both our joy about our new baby. It is wonderful to have some positive feedback from people who think as we do about the joys of babies.
As far as pregnancy sickness I am feeling very well, it is just the virus that is affecting me, like everyone else.
Thank you also for the prayers we have had regarding  our quarantine situation. Once again we are so appreciative of those prayers and helping advice both here and on Facebook

So what have I been doing.
Well apart from cuddling a very sad little baby and  doing as much cuddling slightly bigger ones when I am able.
I have been doing the regular things needed to keep a household running: like washing,
Washing quilts and quillows
 I have been trying to keep up with the day to day running that still needs doing, (along with Autumn and Vellvin who are the most well ones) the washing, preparing food, that no one wants to eat and then doing the cleanup from that. I then have been trying not to fall asleep  so I can do a few things myself. I have not been very successful with this BUT I  have managed to update my slide show I have on my side bars. I have been trying to update these for months but life just keeps getting in the way.
So if anyone wants to see a pictorial version of these things you can use the links here or the ones on my side bar.

Liturgical and Seasonal Slide show
Birthday Slide show 2010
Family Photos
Imaginative Play

Now all I need to do is get my monthly plans done for September  (before September finishes) along with the book lists and links to our St Michael Day Celebrations for the 29th and our Bilbo's birthday on 22nd. Anyway that is about all I have to share for now. I am hoping to get back into regular blogging again, but really it depends how quickly we all get better.
So I would still beg your prayers for our return to health quickly.

Blessings to you and your homes,


2 comments:

Nadja said...

Dear Gae, I hope that you are able to get some help and advice for yourself and your family. I cannot even imagine what it must be like to have such a virulent virus attacking your large family again and again. I will be praying for your family at Mass today.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gae I will keep praying
if anything You still spread that joy of yours around even while sick ! I mean look at that lovely pic of the wash on a sunny day !
Please keep us in prayer as well we are going to look at another farm yet today .
I long to be at the lake like my gramma was and miss it so much whenever we leave .
We have our grandson today so I'm going to come back Monday morning to read more of your links.
St.Michael day is our first day of school ☺ so I look forward to reading your thoughts .
keep well
In His Love
rox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...