Monday, October 11, 2010

Edible Rosary 2010

This year for our Celebration of Our Lady of the Rosary we made the same large Rosary as last year using Royals and Tic Toc Biscuits as well as Kit Kat's.
Once again our plans for the week had a few hiccups so we didn't do all the things like last year
However I wanted the children to make small individual Rosaries. The best edible resources to make these I thought were  M&M's and Mini M&M's
 This one was my attempt
 Autumn's
 Moran made this one, but Arwen kept trying to eat her 'beads'
 Vellvin used white chocolate drops for her cross.
Eden apparently spent ages on hers while I was at the Ultrasound.

Blessings to you and your homes,

6 comments:

Lori said...

We you able to get a Rosary out of one of the mini M&M bags (individual bags or large ones)?

I'd love to make these with my homeschool group. I just want to make sure I have enough candy for the kids to make them. I thought if I could buy one big bag of the minis and asked the ladies to bring one individual M&M bags each we may have enough...what do you think?

Kim said...

Oh Gae, those Rosaries look delicious! What a great idea! I will probably borrow your idea when Elise is a little older, for right now; once she sees an M&M or candy, it goes straight into her mouth. :D

Continued prayers!

Kelly said...

Oh, Gae! They look so cute and yummy!! What a great idea to do individual ones. Thanks so much for sharing.

God bess!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea - this has Jr. High catechism class written all over it. Although, I think we will have to have extra's too because they'll no doubt eat them along the way.

Blessings

Sandy

Gae said...

Dear Lori,
I bought 2 x bags of mini m&m's these were 160grams as well as 2x the regular size m&m's I think the packets are around 200g each.
As I was out at the Ultrasound while the children did their versions I am not sure how many the little ones ate.
Autumn just said she thought they probably ate about half.
I hope this helps
Blessings
Gae

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

These are so cute and really colorful! Looks like they had a great time :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...