Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hearts for Home- 15th February ♥

In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

Sorry for the late edition again I have had pathology appointments and an emergency room visit this afternoon.

My list for the 15th February is ♥ ♥

1. Write  letters to my lovely pen friends. I finally found some pretty paper to use, who would think this would be so hard to find. I guess that is because people don't write any more. I really enjoy this but need to allow time to fit it in.

2. Tidy my desk .......again. I read a quote the other day which I like in regards to this :
'If a cluttered desk is an indication of a cluttered mind what is indicated by and empty desk?"

3.Take some time to finally finish the little ones lesson plans. I knew if I didn't get it done before our visitors in January I would struggle with trying to teach and make the plans as I went along. I really don't like the pressure this puts me under so perhaps I will take a couple of days anyway to finish and then re-start with the little ones

4. Continue to read the new read alouds we started this week Baby Island and A Thousand Million Francs

5. Take the time to spend some nature time and craft time with the last days of summer.

6.Have a thankful and grateful attitude and heart in all my day to day activities and focus my thoughts on our loving God in all this weeks circumstances.

Blessings to you and your homes,

6 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh that last one is difficult isn't it? It is not that we don't have that kind of a heart...it's just that with all the other things in life it is difficult to keep our hearts to Christ in focus. We do tend to wander off the path. It is good that we have a love that it perfect in Christ to forgive us our imperfections.

Anonymous said...

A thankful heart...this is really where I have to be throughout this entire week!

I pray dear friend, that everything you have set out to do, Our Lord gives you the energy to accomplish them.

In His Love,

Maria.

allisamazing said...

I seem to be forever battling the clutter that constantly accumulates on my desk. Have a blessed week. ~Alana~

Judy Dudich said...

I love this list...and it seems we are like-minded with read alouds and lesson plans this week! May the Lord grant you the grace you seek in placing all things in His hands, with thanksgiving! Thank you for helping us better ourselves in the home!

Lori said...

Hi Gae. Have you seen the beautiful stationery that Wildflowers and Marbles shared?

If not, check out this link:

http://wildflowersandmarbles.blogspot.com/2011/02/gift-for-your-stationery-basket.html

Blessings,
Lori

Trish said...

Dear Gae,
I'm so sorry I've missed Hearts for Home this week!
We've had family staying and my hubby is going away today and there's been lots happening here.
I'm running a bit behind :-(
But I shall be back next week - with bells on :-)
Thank you for your loving friendship..Trish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...