Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Kitchen Tag..........

My dear friend Trish has tagged me to answer some questions about my kitchen. I love how each person has a different story to tell.
Here is my story:

Do you have magnets on your fridge?
A few not very cool ones at the moment. I actually have a collection of favourite pictures I used to have on the fridge that I am always going to put back up after moving here, um over 5 years ago.

Do you have a calendar in the kitchen and if so, what is its theme?
Yes a liturgical one with the theme of Jesus

What is your favorite kitchen gadget or tool?
Really I don't have one, I actually HATE cleaning up gadgets so prefer to do things by hand.

Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind?

Yes I have complete walk in pantry. It has lots of shelving and is where I have our fridge, chest freezer and microwave as well

 What is your favorite appliance?
My Kitchen Aid Mixer and my Bread Machine

Do you have an eat in kitchen?
Yes we have a very large kitchen 21 meters x 5m wide

Do you have a bread box?
Yes

Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge?
Um, No I don't. Put I have a family one on the mantle piece in the kitchen

Do you ever cook breakfast in your pj's?
Well we don't cook breakfast except for special occasions BUT I have eaten breakfast in my Pj's (and sometimes stayed in them longer than that)

Do you have a favorite cookbook?
Yes, My Tasha Tudor Cookbook is my absolute favourite then followed by my own cookbook with handwritten recipes in it.

Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom and grandma?
No, however I do remember my Grandmother visiting form Yorkshire in England and she taught me how to make Yorkshire Puddings. I now use the recipe from my Tasha Tudor cookbook every time we make these.......and they are a huge favourite in our family.

What’s your favorite food?
Do you mean regular type food and not chocolate ☺
I probably don't have a favourite, maybe Stew and I love chicken dishes.

What’s your favorite thing to cook?
Cakes and special deserts

Is your coffee pot electric or stove top?
We don't have a coffee pot, due to us drinking instant coffee, but our kettle is a stove top one and mostly on.
Do you make your own bread?
Yes both machine and by hand

Does your kitchen have a theme?
I guess you could call it country.

Is there a clock in your kitchen?
Yes above my Baking Bench

Do you have a bowl of fruit on your table or counter?
A little sparse on fruit today
What type of canisters do you have?
Old Maxwell House Coffee canisters and Big Metal Milo cans as well

Name one thing you have hanging on the wall in your kitchen.
Our  Wedding Cross stitch
My favourite kitchen image
My lovely Mary and baby Jesus plaque

What’s for supper tonight?
I would love to say something spectacular but it is a scrap meal of chips and eggs.

Do you have enough cabinet space?
Yes

Does your family use paper plates?
No ...Never I really don't like them and can barely tolerate plastic for other occasions.

Do you have a good set of china packed up?
Yes we bought it after having it on lay by for ages just after Kynan was born.

Do you wear an apron to work in the kitchen?
Does this answer your question? All the girls and I have aprons as well as some for our little boys too

Name one thing you would change about your kitchen if you could.
I would divide my big bench into two smaller ones and recess my open fire place into the wall.
Our seating at the end of the room
Thank you Trish for the opportunity to tell my own Kitchen Story! 
I'd love to hear their stories..and anyone else who would enjoy sharing a little about their kitchen!

I would like to tag anyone who has an electric mixer..............

Blessings to you and your homes,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how big your pantry is!!! What a nice roomy kitchen. Is that a baking center you have set up?

Anonymous said...

Oh Gae...you have a most delightfully warm space...what a blessing to have a walking pantry :)

M.

Gina said...

Gae,

You have such a lovely home. I love love love your fireplace in your kitchen/dining room. It looks so cozy there. :)

Gina

Trish said...

Gae, thank you for going along with this tag :-)
I really love your wonderful kitchen and dining space.
It is so huge!!!
And the wood fire must be fantastic to sit near on those cold wint'ry days in Tassie!
Your pantry is amazing.
It's so well organised and I love how it's just as pink and pretty as the rest of your kitchen:-)
I would like to have a walk in pantry myself some day.
I had to smile when you said you do nearly everything by hand - I'm the same.
Sometimes my hubby will say "why don't you use this or that gadget?"
And the fact is, I sometimes forget I even have them because I automatically do things by hand lol!
Thanks again for showing us around the delightful "heart of your home".
Love and blessings..Trish

Anonymous said...

Gae,

I have been enjoying reading the kitchen memes floating throughout the blogsphere lately, and yours is no exception.

You truly do have a beautiful kitchen. It looks very large and spacious, and your pantry is excellent! It's alot larger than mine, but you need the space more than me, since you have a lovely large family. :)

I began to LOL when I saw all your aprons on hooks and you said, "Does this answer your question?" Tee hee.

At any rate, thank you for letting us take a mini tour of your kitchen. I don't know if you have read my kitchen meme or not, but if you have not, you are welcomed to "visit" my kitchen as well. :)

-LR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...