Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ascenion Day 2011

Ascension Day Balloon Wreath
We celebrated the Feast of the Ascension on Thursday with a few activities only this year.

Yes, I am still trying to keep to the 'not too much theme.' I actually am pondering over why this is (and other interesting topics) and planning on sharing my thoughts on the benefits of this. Surprise.....not really I tend to do this regularly. Too many ideas though and not enough actual typing time!
Obviously the bubble activities based on the Bubble Wands  was a big hit with the younger children.
The bubbles were lovely and thick for them to blow with
Arwen had quite a bit of trouble with the blowing or spinning to get bubbles to come out and gave up fairly early.
Myffwyn loved re-catching her bubbles on her wand again.
Corbyn kept saying  'take a photo of my bubble' to me. He was very keen to get really big bubble
I love the colours of the bubbles
For sweets this year we simply put the blue jelly into a bowl with some ice cream for clouds topped with more fluffy cream
Then we added Jesus as he 'Ascended into Heaven.'
We re created our scene with the Painted Apostles and Jesus on the cake plate and fleece clouds.
This was the start of the Ascension story with the Betty Lukins felt board pieces. I am trying to remember to use these more often, so we have put them back on the bookcase in the kitchen again.
Rogan was keen again to make the official Ascension Day cake with fluffy cream topping again. This was a great morning tea for the next day.

So we really did not achieve even half the activities we have done in the past but we did celebrate the Liturgical feast day and the children will have memories of this day again.


Blessings to you and your homes,

3 comments:

ccc said...

Looks like everyone had fun. And, doing less does have benefits. You may have done half of what you normally do, but don't forget that a well rested mama feeling less stress about it is what the children really need---at least that's what I try to tell myself!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gae,
Hope you and baby are getting some rest. :-)
I like the blue, ice cream, and Jesus on top. Cute idea!
And the Apostles are my favorites too.
Blessings to you,
Anne♥

Trish said...

Hi Gae, how are you going today?
Are you keeping warm down there in Tassie - it's freezing here today!
Hope you are getting enough rest and relaxation amidst your busy-ness these days!
Your Ascension Day activities are lovely and I'm sure it was a blessing for all.
You always have such great ideas to celebrate our faith!
I love the painted apostles and Jesus on the fleece cloud :-)
And the cake and jelly looks wonderful too.
How you have the energy for what you do amazes me!
much love to you and the family..Trish

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...