Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hearts for Home - 20th September

 In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
May God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

Enjoying our lives on the 20th September by doing ♥ ♥

Hello Dear Friends,

All my and the family's focus will be on the holiday away we will be having incorporation with Autumn's Deb Ball so to facilitate this:

1. I am praying  for peace and tranquility in my heart as I go about my everyday tasks loving and serving the Lord in my vocation as wife and mother and home maker. This is especially important over the next few days as we plan and organise for our trip away.
Packing and last minute things often equals stress in our home!

2. Finish Autumn's Deb dress today  (hopefully), make our three little girls a special dress for the ball and myself a skirt too.

3. In any spare moments work on my Elf Slippers  as I find knitting quite relaxing and can pick it up and put it down at anytime.

4. Remain gentle and loving and calm  even when the day becomes very nerve racking with too many people trying to do too many things

5. Try to organise some interesting things to do while we are away and some activities for the car, audio stories, games to play etc. It has been years since we did any sort of long car trips, in fact our younger children have not been on a long journey at all.

6. Be thankful for  the opportunity I have each day to love and be loved by special people. This is something I do not want to take advantage of and need to cherish each and every day.

Please could you pray for safe travel for us and an enjoyable trip as it is the first holiday we have had together in over 9 years. Oh and we have a lot of coughs and flu in the house. Please pray for a quick healing in the midst of all else so we can enjoy this time together.

Praying you all find peace and joy in your own homes this week,




4 comments:

Emily Fay said...

You truly are blessed! I am so thankful to know you! You are a true woman of God! :) Have a blessed week ahead.

Kim said...

Praying for you and your family, Gae! :)

Vicky said...

Dear Gae, I'm praying for you and your family. By coincidence, we'll be on holidays (our first in 8 years), at the same time as you, so, I can relate to the week of activity that you're having. I hope you all have a wonderful time and a safe journey:) God bless, Vicky

Judy Dudich said...

"Be thankful for the opportunity to love and be loved"

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

I have never taken on such a huge venture as you and your family are with the Debutante Ball and holiday away for an extended time...I can only imagine the stress of preparing and trying to make sure that "all bases are covered" (hmmm...do you play baseball in Australia...if not...that colloquial term might be lost for you, sorry...it is a common phrase in America!)
Anyway, I pray that all ill will b healed and that you enjoy a safe and blessed journey with your beautiful family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...