Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas Pot Pourri

I am starting to add some posts on Advent and Christmas. I am trying to get a long list of everything together and realised I had never posted this recipe for Christmas Pot Pourri!

This is a mix I only use during Advent and Christmas.
I make up the mix from dried oranges pieces, I dry these first in a very slow oven.
Then I mix in whole cloves, whole nutmegs that have been crushed in chunks and cinnamon sticks broken up.

To start this beautiful tradition simply put a scoop of this into a small saucepan with water and gently simmer all day.
The aroma from this is just lovely and it will spread through out your home filling it with the scent of the Christmas season.

It is so simple and so beautiful to make and perhaps to share as a gift this year in a pretty glass jar with a ribbon around it.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...