Sunday, July 22, 2012

Making Hand Cream

For a long time I have wanted to make some hand cream for us to use and then I would get busy else where and it remained a though and desire only. However when Rogan  started to get cracked and chapped hands I decided that today was the day to do this.

This is a beautiful nourishing recipe for hands, feet, elbows and knees but is a little thick for a full body moisturizer.  Of course now I will be wanting to make this type of moisturiser soon!

So how do you make the hand cream?
You will need a saucepan, enamel bowl, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, scales and electric mixer
Ingredients for this:
340 grams liquid olive oil
129 grams of bees wax
171 grams of coconut oil
435 grams of distilled water
40 or more drops of essential oil
Put the bees wax, olive oil and  coconut oil into the enamel bowl. Put the bowl over the saucepan of  water and bring to the boil.
Heat the mixture until everything has melted
Remove from heat and allow to reach room temperature.
Slowly pour in the infused water while beating at a high speed.
We actually used a hand held mixer to get the required speed that allow the ingredients to be mixed in well.
Add the drops of essential oils and mix again
Spoon into containers.
We did not have those fancy silver containers, so we used what ever we had on hand. Glass jars, plastic tubs and a couple of tins.

It is a very simple and easy to do and I really have benefited by using this myself. It is thick and creamy and really has softened my hands that I have found were becoming dry in the winter weather.

Go on try it, you will love it!!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Where did you find the bees wax? I'm allergic to most lotions & things & was wondering what to do.. this looks like I shouldn't have any issues with it! :)

Gae said...

Dear Kendra,
I bought a whole heap years ago when well's were selling it out. Not sure where to get it now.
Have you tried plain coconut oil or olive oil.
I have been putting coconut oil on my face while still wet and it seems to be just as good as any other face cream I have used. I think you could use it all over as a moisturizer as well. The important part is to still have a wet skin
Blessings
Gae

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...