Thursday, October 17, 2013

Overnight Cold Oats

Well it has been a while and I have so many posts partly done that it is hard to know which one to start with first, however I have chosen this one as it is fairly easy and frankly I often run out of steam these  days.

Breakfast has been more difficult since we stopped having the standard cold cereal breakfast as our staple fare.
We still have our soaked oats reasonable regularly but trying to have something quickly in the morning drew me to this type of breakfast.
Basically we have used this recipe as our basis for our own variations of this for other experimentation.
First off I bought individual jars for everyone to have one each
To the jar add 1/4 rolled oats (not steel cut and not quick oats)
Add 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
Add 1/3 cup of milk or almond milk
Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
For the younger children and the guys we add 2 teaspoons of maple syrup for me I add 2 teaspoons of stevia
This one is maple syrup
Put lid on and shake
Add 1/4 cup or more of frozen blueberries, strawberries, mango etc and stir or shake to mix thoroughly
Put lid on and put in the fridge overnight until the hungry hordes arise in the morning.
It will keep for up to two days.

Everyone likes this except Stephen and I add the various fruits to suit individual tastes.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

4 comments:

allisamazing said...

What a great idea and it looks delicious!

Kim said...

This looks like a wonderful breakfast to nourish you, your children, and your latest Blessing! Congratulations Gae, so happy for you!
God bless,
Kim

Kelly Casanova said...

I like the idea of having the work done the night before and ready to eat in the morning. The jars would make it novel for the children too, I must try it when the weather gets too warm for hot porridge :)

Anonymous said...

Oh awesome! I am going to have to try this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...