Monday, February 24, 2014

A Grain Free Chocolate Mud Cake Actually Worth Eating!!

Finding a grain free chocolate cake that actually tastes good has been the bane of my existence since going grain free.
It has been a disappointment for me as every recipe except one other has been an utter waste of time and ingredients in trying to recreate a  lovely chocolate tasting as well as the texture of a genuine wheat filled chocolate cake.

It is the chocolate cake that I find has been hardest to reproduce going grain free, so when this  recipe was given to me by a friend it was a beautiful gift that  has been most truly welcomed into our home.

Now out of the generosity of my heart I would like to pass it on. I mean this cannot be kept a secret from chocolate cake lovers who are also grain or wheat free!!
Perhaps you are not as fussy as I am but I would really recommend this as a GREAT chocolate cake!!

Chocolate Mud Cake (grain free)-
(Gluten, wheat, and yeast free )
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups rapadura or panella (the original recipe calls for brown sugar)
220 grams of unsalted butter
200 grams of dark chocolate roughly cut
1 1/2 cups of hazelnut or almond meal (I think I actually prefer the almond meal which surprises me as I don't usually like almond meal cakes)
6 eggs lightly beaten

1. Blend cocoa in water in a saucepan until smooth
2. Add rapadura, butter and chocolate and stir over low heat until smooth
3. Remove from heat
4. Stand chocolate mixture for 15 mins or until barely warm then stir in meal and eggs
5. Place in a grease pan (spring-form or if you are really careful a regular round one will work)
6. Bake cake for approx 1 hour and 40 mins
7. Cool cake in tin and refrigerate cover ed for 3 hours (if you can wait this long)  or overnight
NB we have never done the refrigerated part - to long to wait :)
8. Place cake on serving plate and ice with chocolate ganache
Chocolate Ganache-
3/4 cup of cream
300 grams of dark chocolate

1. bring cream to boil
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate stir till smooth
3. Stand for 20 mins then ice cake

Then eat to your hearts content!!!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

2 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Thank you so much for posting this. It looks so yummy. I will have to try this when we get more almond meal.

Unknown said...

Hi there what temp is the oven & do you use baking powder or anything?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...