Sunday, February 23, 2014

Best Ever Carrot Cake!!!

I shared a photo of my carrot cake on IG last week and had some requests for the recipe so thought I would share it here.

I have been making this cake since Autumn was  a baby and I love it still.
First off I love it because it has no nuts in it and carrot cake usually does - but I don't like nuts in my cake so the apricots are great. In fact they are very important to the texture and the flavour of this cake.

Obviously have adjusted it to our tastes now and so we don't use sugar but Xylitol or Rapadura. I haven't tried just stevia yet as I'm not sure how it goes with quantities and quality.

Also we use spelt now instead of regular flour and I like it sprouted best and am looking how to modify the recipe for a soaked lacto fermented version too.

Now on to the recipe!

Best Carrot Cake Ever-
3/4 cup of olive oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup of xylotil
1 cup or already ground spelt flour (or sprouted and ground spelt)
1 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla (best made at home)
1 and 1/2 cups of grated carrot
1/2 to 1 cup of chopped apricots

1. Combine oil, eggs, xylitol and vanilla
2. Add sifted dry ingredients
3. Beat on low speed until smooth
4. Add carrots and apricots and mix well
5. Bake in loaf or bunt tin in moderate oven for  45 mins

Sugar Free Cream Cheese Frosting-
1 1/2 cups cream cheese
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of stevia
3 tablespoons heavy cream

1. In a mixer bowl place cream cheese vanilla and stevia and mix until combined
2. Add cream one tablespoon at a time until smooth
3. Place on cake

This is just as nice as the heavy sugar recipe you probably already have. So give it a try I don't think you will be disappointed.

Now you have one of our  family favourites to add to your collection, so Enjoy !!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...