Sunday, March 13, 2016

Fruit Chutney Recipe

We were gifted with some extra vegetables and fruit lately and I wanted to use them before they went bad so as I was thinking what could I make with the items I had on had and it came to me in a flash and I remembered..........CHUTNEY!
Thus today being one of those afternoons that I love being in the kitchen making all those items for my family that bring me such pleasure I just had to share this recipe with you.

I haven't made Chutney in a long time. Probably because I love it sooooooo much.
This one is so fruity and rich and full of wonderful fragrances as you not only cook it but as you use it to spice up any of your favourite meals that you would normally use sauce or bought Chutney for.

So here is the recipe I made up that really suits our family's taste-
1 kg onion chopped
1 kg pear chopped
2 kg apples cored and chopped (you can save the cores to make Apple Cider Vinegar)
800 g  tomato hopped
1 tbs grated fresh ginger
1 Tbs mustard seeds ( I have used allspice too when I had no mustard
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 1/4 tsp whole cardamon
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp chili
1 tsp whole cloves
1 tsp whole pepper
1 1/2 cups sultanas
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)

Place everything into a pot and bring to the boil.
Simmer gentle until soft
Place in a blender and give a quick whizz
Put into glass jars and serve with your favourite foods.

ENJOY!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...