Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Healthy Sparkling Fruit Drink -aka Home Made Soft Drink


Summer has been long and hot here and we try to keep ourselves not only hydrated by full of probiotic drinks as part of our health routine. Since buying A Year on the Farm by Sally Wise I have really enjoyed making this beautiful and special occasion 'fizzy drink' for our family.
It is another beautiful fermented drink that we have enjoyed this Summer  along with  Homemade Fermented Lemonade, Kefir and Kombucha.
We enjoy these drinks on a regular basis throughout the day.

Healthy Sparkling Fruit Drink (soft drink)

Makes 4.5 litres, approximately
875g fresh or frozen fruit (such as raspberries)
875g sugar
1 lemon, chopped
18 cups cold water
200ml white vinegar

Place all in a food-safe bucket, mix well, then place a tea towel over the top and leave to stand at room temperature for 48 hours.

Strain through a fine  nylon kitchen sieve and pour into PET bottles and seal immediately

The sparkling drink will be ready in 2 weeks.  Open carefully – it’s best to refrigerate it before opening.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

2 comments:

Sugar Pie said...

Morning Gae,
Oh, I have this book too :)
I bought it for myself for a treat to read while spending the day in hospital with my son, I love Sally wise cook books, but I especially love "A Year On The Farm"
Enjoy your day Gae :)
& I hope you have Blessed & holy Easter,
Robyn

Mr. Mala said...

Thanks Gae for this lovely homemade recipe and the details about the book. I am fond of fruits and fruit juices and really enjoyed your reading. Hope you will also share some more good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...