Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mary's Song

Mary's Song:

Our family is musical. The children play instruments ( although they want and need more lessons) I have always sung to our children from the time Kynan was a new baby. We like to sing and dance ( well some are more shy than others--not me) together.

I think music is so family orientated. It is something we can all join in together and build memories with.

Erin has often spoken of this song. Until tonight I have never heard it before. While visiting Rachael recently I actually saw and heard the song at last.

Needless to say I love it and will attempt to learn it. I love to sing although I sometimes doubt my ability, but I have always sung to our children and they don't seem to mind.

So if you haven't heard it, play the song and for those of you who know it enjoy it any way.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women
and blest is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of death. Amen.

(Refrain)
Gentle woman, quiet light,
morning star, so strong and bright,
gentle Mother, peaceful dove,
teach us wisdom; teach us love.

You were chosen by the Father;
you were chosen for the Son.
You were chosen from all women
and for woman, shining one.

Blessed are you among women,
blest in turn all women, too.
Blessed they with peaceful spirits.
Blessed they with gentle hearts.

I pray that my children will always remember me as a "Gentle Woman."

Blessings,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...