Thursday, June 18, 2009

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

Yesterday Rogan and I made some lovely Sacred and Immaculate Hearts for our Liturgical Bookcase. I was inspired by the burgundy heart Rogan had made for one of the girls for Christmas that was hanging on their bedroom door.
I had been trying to think what we could make and then it suddenly hit me. It really was the easiest craft and we had the best fun doing these together.
I cut out the red felt and Rogan sewed them up with button hole stitch and then slightly stuffed them with wool fleece.

For the Heart of Jesus we then made the thorns out of pipe cleaners. We then wrapped these around the heart of Jesus and put a pipe cleaner cross at the top. Then lastly we needle felted on some orange flame.
For Mary's Immaculate Heart we wound some pink roses together(I know there are more than 7 ) and placed them around the Heart. Rogan made the sword out of white and brown pipe cleaner and we stuck that in on the side and once again dry needle felted the flame on top.
He looks like one very happy boy doesn't he?
At the end we place them below the small Sacred and Immaculate(Sacred) Hearts of Jesus and Mary on the Liturgical Bookcase. We thought they looked great and I had the loveliest time making them with my very creative little boy.
For some reason they did not photograph very well. I am in need of lessons I think.
But I really think they turned out well and once again I was happy to be Enjoying the Journey together with our darling boy.
Blessings,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...