Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Simple Womans Daybook-- Home Days

A Simple Woman's Daybook

I agree with Elena at domestic Church about linking to Simple Womans Day book as it is closed but I also like organising my thoughts briefly for the week so for this week of 23rd June. (I am late due to sleep issues )
Here is the link to Peggy's who is having a summer break.

Outside My Window ...
Believe it or not it is SUNNY
***
I am listening to...
Children working on their lessons and younger ones playing, little Arwen is chuckling with her big brother.
***
I am thinking and Praying about...
Fine tuning the lesson and chore plans I have been working on.
To pray for all the people involved in 'Hearts for Home'
That the potential buyer for our home will actually buy when she comes after her children recover from Swine Flu.
Potential properties in Wangaratta for us to buy. That the right one will be easily obtainable for us.
The Confirmation preparations for our friends in Wangaratta, and the actual confirmation on Friday night.
Wish we could be there.
That friends in Wangaratta enjoy the time with their Father visiting from Ireland. He is still there trying to sell THEIR house. Please pray for them also.
It is very hard for a close family to be separated.***
To Live the Liturgy...
Prepare for Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Arwen's Saint)
***
To Breathe Deeply...
Hold onto the hope and faith that God is in control and all things that happen are for our good.
To be thankful for each moment and opportunity as it comes
***
Towards rhythm and beauty...
To be vigilant in showing my love and devotion to my family.
To use the cleaning and Lesson plans I have implememted to create a spirit of peace and order.
To actually implement the plans I aspire to for the week in my Hearts for Home entries.

***
I am thankful for ...
My dear absent Honey, who suffers so much from being parted from us.
That I am able to Educate our children at home and for the close relationship that builds from that.
Being able to create plans that help make our lives run smoothly.
***
From the kitchen ...
Home made meat pies, jacket or mashed potatoes, peas and carrots
***
I am wearing ...
Deep purple skirt and lilac jumper. Black tights and brown boot, what else is there.
Hair loose and makeup.
***
I am creating ...
Chasubles for the CGS presentation s I want to do and to use them on a more regular basis on our seasons table.
Smocking a dress for Arwen while Eden learns to smock another for Myffwyn
Winter season table crafts
Hearts for Home Plans
Cross stitch for Arwen.
***
On my iPod...
Casting crowns, Sons of Korah, Newsboys.
***
Towards a real education ...
Look to other entries on June and above.
Continue Confirmation preparation with Saxon and Eden. For a future date
Following the plans I have spent the last few weeks typing up
***
Bringing beauty to my home ...
Be diligent with the new plans.
Encouraging a servant attitude by all, including myself.
Soft, loving and patient voices and actions.
Bedtime routines with the young ones.
Being thankful for all I have.
To be a gracious wife and mother with a soft and gracious manner.
***
I am reading ...
Mommy teach me
You are your child's first teacher and Pocketful of Pinecones
My time to read is very much diminished with so much to think and do. Plans to plan, books to review.

***
I am hoping ...
and praying about our situation.
That the family can maintain a semblance of patience and calm waiting for the potential buyer to actually came after her own little children were diagnosed with swine flu.
It doesn't get any easier waiting, waiting, waiting for a maybe.....
To do all the things on my day book lists and Hearts for Home list.
***
Around the house ...
To make sure we are working on implementing the new chore, cleaning and school routines
***
One of my favorite things ...
When breast fed babies breath on you and you inhale that wonderful milk breath. Mmmmmmmm so lovely.
***
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
To do a post on Erin's visit here. I am so overwhelmed by all the excitement of her being here and recapping it, I am afraid to start for fear of not presenting it properly.
Plans as above
Picture thoughts I am sharing are of:
Tasha Tudor images of home. I always am so inspired by her life of incorporating tradition and beauty in her home. Her pictures of hearth and home have always been an inspiration to me.
I also love this picture of her below.


Blessings,

2 comments:

SuzanneG said...

Hi, Gae~
I just enjoyed my little "visit" and hope to "see" you in the blogosphere soon!

Love your blog!

Colleen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!!

I am so impressed by your family ~ what a great witness :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...