Monday, July 27, 2009

A Simple Womans Daybook-- Faith and Prayer Days


A Simple Woman's Daybook 27th July

Here is the link to Peggy's who is having a summer break. And also to Grandmother Wren who is taking up the challenge of maintaining the entries.

Outside My Window ...
Very cold -2 degrees Celsius

I am listening to...
Little footsteps moving around...who could it be?
***
I am thankful for...
Devoted husband and loving children. Praying friends and family.

From the Kitchen...
Breakfast is lovely warm porridge, hot chocolate milk, coffee or herb tea.
Lunch is salad and sandwiches
Dinner is what ever I get after shopping
Morning tea - ginger cake

I am wearing..
Floral skirt, burgundy jumper, brown boots and black tights
Makeup and hair in a snood.

I am reading...
A woman after God's own Heart by Elizabeth George.
I had read this over 16 years ago and when Erin was here we talked books and she borrowed it. Of course then I had to read it again when she raved about it along with my other favourite book, The spirit of Loveliness by Emilie Barnes

Still reading. I have been doing a lot of planning and praying instead.

Looking to the Rhythm of the Liturgical Year:
Pray the St Anne Thanksgiving Novena
Pray the Rosary with Special intentions
Prepare for Sunday's readings
Learn this week's Psalm so it is familiar
Implement the Divine Mercy Chaplet again and the Angelus
St Ignatius of Loyola

In our learning spaces...
Write up the Geography plans some more for Africa.
Read Assigned reading books
Continue on with written plans tweaking as necessary
Persist with little girls learning.
Have a look at the night sky. Familiarise with it. Build own telescope from book.
Identify planets in books and build a solar system.
Learn about microscopes and how they work in preparing for using one.
Peruse and Prepare folders for next month so they are ready before hand
I am still putting written plans on to the learning blog so I have it all at my fingertips.
The Science experiments are going really well. The children are enjoying these.
Indian study needs to be kept going longer.
Hands on activities for the middle children, making some things from July Plans
I am really enjoying the younger ones learning with Story sacks and circle time and the activities that "rabbit trail" off this.

Not much is different this week.

Around the house...
Keep everything really neat and tidy so the order of the day can flow nicely.
Persist in little ones packing up before moving on to new activity.

One of my favourite things at the moment...
Older children sharing and growing in their life experiences and still being willing to give as part of the family.
I will claim a moment for myself...
I will do the crafts I love to do. I will sew Corbyn's Patchwork quilt. I will do some of Awen's Cross Stitch I will do some of the crafts from the July list.

Yes I will...Yes I will...Yes I will....

A few extra plans for the week...
Helping the older boys adjust to a more intense Uni schedule.
Just enjoy being together with the children
Give the children "wiggle" room for their own activities and interests
Get outside and go for walks together.
Get family reading aloud happening again.
Early bird starting for everyone.

A goal for Myself...
To be reflecting on my role as a mother and implementing all the little "niggles" that keep appearing for me to work on.

Here are some picture thoughts for the week...
Images of the power of prayer as we are confronted with the battles of life.
The faith we have in the loving protection of our Guardian Angels.
The reliance on intercessory prayer through Our Blessed Mother and the Saints.
Most of all the love and devotion of Our Lord Jesus Christ who will never forsake or abandon us.

Blessings,





4 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

How very beautiful...I can sense the peace and joy of your home and your inner spirit...your family is blessed.

Mrs darling said...

-2 Celsius? Where do you live? It all sounds cozy but over here we are at 100 degrees F. What a difference. I do wish we were in school but unfortunately I have to take this month off to can and preserve the garden produce!

Gae said...

We are in Tasmania Australia.
I love winter here but wish we could live on your sidr of the world and have a white Christmas!

Jerralea said...

I should have picked up that you lived on the other side of the world when I read you had on tights and boots! It's sandal weather where I live!

I agree about taking time to reflect on our roles as mothers. Since my children are growing to the age of leaving home, I don't think I think on motherhood as much as I once did. But my job is not done yet, nor will it ever be! I'll just have some of the work lessened ... I think ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...