- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Treasured Moments 2
My dear friend Erin is hosting this new weekly theme for us to share in. Why not join in?????
Do you find yourself falling into a pattern of daily grind, skipping the 'fun' activities because you don't have time or lack energy?
Do creative arts, nature walks, drama, read alouds or spontaneous acts seem only a distant dream in your life?
Yet these Treasured Moments shared with loved ones uplift us, nurture our soul, remind us of the beauty and joy in our lives.
We want Treasured Moments for ourselves, for our children, for our families but how can we make it happen?
... Commitment ... Encouragement ... Support ... Ideas ... Plans.
I invite you to join us every Saturday and share your plans and ideas, your targets and goals and your stories ... your 'Treasured Moments'. In this way we may inspire one another, encourage ourselves and start achieving our dreams.
Well my list for this week is fairly brief again:
1. We had a very lovely nature walk on Monday. I tried to suggest Circle time which the younger ones, Rogan included usually love to do. they were not interested so I said lets go on a nature walk instead.
This was very well received and we took a basket and a container. Myffwyn took the container in the hopes of collecting, and eating, the wild blackberries we have. Even though I told her there were no nice ones left she insisted and did mange to find 2.
These are some of the finds we made:
-Wattle as the Wattle is flowering and has been for about 3 weeks now.
-Gum leaves from a gum tree.
- Bark from a Stringy Bark Tree and a Paper Bark Tree.
- The forming pine cones off the Pine tree we have, (the name escapes me at the moment). There was so much pollen that came off when the pine section was pulled it actually looked like a cloud.
- Little tiny gum nuts still attached to the branches.
- Some sticks.... of course!!!
- Maiden hair fern.
- Moss from around a large tree in the "Robin Hood Glade."
- And a few other odds and sods that I can't remember.
2. The children made up a play and dressed in full gear with designated characters and plot. They filmed this also. I wasn't 'part of this but I treasure the Moments when they show such inspired play.
3. I just enjoyed playing with Arwen and being more mindful of the blessings of being a Mother after the scare earlier in the week.
Well that is all the Treasured Moments I can come up with for the week.