Monday, September 7, 2009

Tasha Tudor Day


Any one who knows me or reads my blog on a regular basis would know I am a huge Tasha Tudor fan.
I have been a fan for many years since I bought my first Tasha Tudor book. I was looking for Robert Louis Stephenson poems to start poetry memorisation with our children. This is with our older 3 so as you can see it it quite a few years ago.

Now why am I such a big fan of Tasha Tudor.
As I was thinking about this and wanting to be part of the Tasha Tudor Day I was hoping to do some of the things I love about Tasha's lifestyle.
For it is her lifestyle that I idealise. The lifestyle that is so much a part of her illustrations. How can I not be mesmerised by the beautiful family life she depicts in her books, cards and illustrations.

The very simplicity of her days, long skirts and Aprons, the value of family closeness, tea time, crafting and sewing, cooking and gardening these are the things I adore and try to emulate in my own life.

I have longed for a simpler life for so long, not necessarily an easier life but what I call a Simpler one. A life that revolves around my family on a property, being self sufficient. Where we can grow our own food, fruit vegetables and meat, eggs, chickens, ducks and geese and our children have always dreamed of owning goats to have goat races.

Now as of yet this has not happened and we live frustrated lives of when we move......we will.....

But for a long time I have brought into our family some of the beauty and peace I see in Tasha's Lifestyle.

So for this years edition I will add just a list of things I find inspiring in Tasha Tudors life style that I have implemented in our own.

We use candles a lot,
I wear skirts almost every day,
I love cooking,
I love Tasha Tudor books (that's a given)
I love cottage gardens,
I enjoy lantern light,
I love making candles
Creating traditions that happen every year that build family memories,
I want to make my own soap, hopefully this year
We set the table beautifully for dinner every night,
Christmas preparations are huge for us, we make heaps of things
I love sewing by hand and making presents and toys for the children
OPEN fireplaces and cooking in a wood burning stove.

These are some of the things I love about a Tasha Tudor Lifestyle.

So for the rest of the year I hope I can live according to the beauty and gentleness of creating a home that inspires, encourages and nurtures my family.
Creating my version of a Tasha Tudor Lifestyle.
These pictures are of the Tasha Tudor books our family owns. We have collected these over the years. I did forget to put in, (well I couldn't find them ) The Little Princess, Amy's Goose, The Christmas Cat, First prayers and Carries Gift.


Blessings,

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a lovely inspiring post Gae - thanks for sharing. I am going to try and adopt some of your ideas.

Erin said...

Gee you aren't kidding that your a Tasha Tudor fan. I knew you had a few books but not that many!

Michelle M. said...

I'll have to check some of these books out of the library the next time that we go. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i also love Tasha tudor and recently got a dvd about her. I have "the secret garden" illustrated by her and a small prayer book set.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...