- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Treasured Moments 4
My dear friend Erin is hosting this new weekly theme for us to share in. Why not join in?????
Do you find yourself falling into a pattern of daily grind, skipping the 'fun' activities because you don't have time or lack energy?
Do creative arts, nature walks, drama, read alouds or spontaneous acts seem only a distant dream in your life?
Yet these Treasured Moments shared with loved ones uplift us, nurture our soul, remind us of the beauty and joy in our lives.
We want Treasured Moments for ourselves, for our children, for our families but how can we make it happen?
... Commitment ... Encouragement ... Support ... Ideas ... Plans.
I invite you to join us every Saturday and share your plans and ideas, your targets and goals and your stories ... your 'Treasured Moments'. In this way we may inspire one another, encourage ourselves and start achieving our dreams.
Well this week really has been a challenge with Stephen home quite sick and all the other issues with his lack of accommodation but here are a few from our home to share, yes quite late, sorry Erin:
1. We did have Stephen home for the week and that was nice to have a reminder of how family life can be with Daddy home. We didn't do any thing much but just enjoyed, even in his sickness the closeness of family life.
2. We found out we have a Fairy Godmother, as Erin came to the rescue with some contacts she has, that allowed Stephen to have a place to stay, even temporarily when he goes back to Wangaratta this afternoon. Thank you so much our dear friend. We are so very blessed to have you for a friend.
3. The boys had some bonding time with their Dad collecting wood for the fires, while us girls had a Tea Party of sorts and watched Little Women.
4. I read "Miffy" books to Corbyn and Myffwyn, a lot of them actually on Saturday night.
5. Due to the sickness that has infected the family, again. The cold returned with a vengeance with lots of coughing and misery. We have watched a few DVD's. One that we got on a Special from the rental shop for $1 was
As it was still a new release and one we hadn't seen before. We really did enjoy it and I was hoping to do a review but with sickness in the house I have been quite stretched for time hence the lacking of blog posts.
6. I have spent time reflecting on how blessed we are to have all our children safe and reasonable well. That we have a Daddy to love and provide for us. I was so devastated to hear of the sad news and then started to think how selfish I had been to dwell on our own troubles.
So I am treasuring just every moment with each of the opportunities to love and serve my family.
7. We spent time setting up the seasons displays for Spring and I really enjoyed doing this.
8. The children and I did some hand crafts together and as you know by now this is a very important part of our family life. It helps us to be quiet and reflect as we make things for each other and for our Seasons table that we all enjoy looking and reflecting on.
9. So with that in mind I have been especially careful to cuddle my little baby, to cuddle Moran when she ask for ages even when I was tempted to do other things, to sit and play with Arwen helping her to sit up and to just listen and talk to the children and Stephen when he was able.
And to be patient in all the interuptions that prevent we from focusing on me, and force me to be a better wife and mother.
So that is all I have to share this week in Treasured Moments. Don't forget to visit Erin for more Treasured Moments