- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Treasured Moments 6
My dear friend Erin is hosting this new weekly theme for us to share in. Why not join in?????
Do you find yourself falling into a pattern of daily grind, skipping the 'fun' activities because you don't have time or lack energy?
Do creative arts, nature walks, drama, read alouds or spontaneous acts seem only a distant dream in your life?
Yet these Treasured Momentst> shared with loved ones uplift us, nurture our soul, remind us of the beauty and joy in our lives.
We want Treasured Moments for ourselves, for our children, for our families but how can we make it happen?
... Commitment ... Encouragement ... Support ... Ideas ... Plans.
I invite you to join us every Saturday and share your plans and ideas, your targets and goals and your stories ... your 'Treasured Moments'. In this way we may inspire one another, encourage ourselves and start achieving our dreams.
Well this week really has been a challenge with the children all quite sick but here a coup;e to share:
1. I managed to find time to create memories with A week with the little girls. We read and we drew and we talked about what they did.
When we made the wool angels the girls loved them and wanted them in their rooms as Guardian Angels. So special
2. Having more children usually means I rarely go out on my own. On Thursday I took Arwen for her immunisation and then we went for a little browse at a couple of shops in town. Card making and Art Supplies. It was lovely just to have Arwen to myself and spend one on one time. I never get time when I don't have to share her. So I have treasured this time.
3. We went to the library together and had a 'fiesta' of books. The little ones especially love to go and be amongst the different toys and books.
It is so lovely when they come up with book after book and ask if they can get this one out, please.
We always have so many books to get out that they assign us more than one librarian to check out our books. This time we had three.
4. I am consciously spending cuddle time with my little ones especially.
5. Rogan has been very affectionate and wanting to spend time with just me. Today we had Breaky together, just him and me. He waited for me and got all our things together. I love this sort of thing and am so grateful that her and the other children love to spend time with me.
6. The children have been playing boggle together a lot these last weeks not often but a few times I have played with them and really enjoyed myself.
7. With older, middle, little and babies we find we do different things together. Our Middles have been allowed to watch some movies that the little ones can't. This has been a new experience for them and our family culture. I think it is good to have these divisions though as it allow the middles to do some "big kid stuff'.
So last night we watched Inkheart Together.
So we have been having this time watching, discussing and yes I know it isn't the same as playing a game together, but we do it together and we always have Family quotes come form these times that are 'Family Speak"
In case you think we watch a lot of DVD's we get one lot of 5 weekly movies usually on a Friday night and this was one of our choices.
So that is all I have to share this week in Treasured Moments. Don't forget to visit Erin for more Treasured Moments