I decided I liked the idea of listing 7 things form the week that just happened and did not necessarily need to blog a whole post on. This week I am just being a bit Random in my thoughts because well it has been very random.
So for my 7 Quick takes this week:
1. We had a lovely time with Stephen home on the weekend.
We sang songs from musicals, camp songs and old hymns we used to sing.
It was a lovely time and we spent at least 45 mins doing this. We haven't done this for such a long time. Very special.
2. Our whole family are Huge Rangers Apprentice Fans and we get updates from Random House Publishing on these books regularly. This must be the only popular book that we get in Aus before the US, one advantage of a good Australian Author.
So the new Rangers Apprentice Book : Halts Peril comes out in Australia on 2nd of November.
Needless to say we have a few very excited children and a line up of who gets to read it first. Vellvin is the one who keeps asking "who gets to read it first" most often.
When The Kings of Clonmel came out last year we had to buy 3 copies. Two for the children and one for Stephen
3. Arwen is starting to blow raspberries. She spent ages doing this last night so of course everyone started doing this too.
However blowing raspberries during the Rosary was not a very acceptable thing according to Mum, was it guys?
4. last week I mentioned the children making Moffy's from Milo.
This is something that I grew up on and assumed it was known world wide.
Here are a couple of links about Milo. The children say it is so sad you can not get it there in the US as "who wants Cocoa when you can have Milo.
Great on Ice cream for a special treat.
5. Continuing on with Australian Foods. Where would we be without the good old Vegemite.
I have no idea why people from other countries don't like Vegemite.
This is a standard in our home and I think most Aussie homes. It is great on toast and "and with egg" says Autumn. I have even made salad, egg and Vegemite in the past. This is packed full of goodness.
6. Another wonderful food is we use it for so many recipes is Golden Syrup. We us for so much and it is so much nicer than Molasses or Treacle. So for any recipe that I have that calls for these two I replace with Golden Syrup. The couple of times I used Molasses in cookies or cakes it was rejected as inedible by everyone.
Stephen grew up on Golden Syrup Dumplings as a special treat. This is a similar recipe for you to try if you are interested ( I am too lazy to type out the one I use) and another lovely recipe for English Sponge Pudding. I hope you might find these useful
7. Finally for this week, we have had someone interested in negotiating a sale price on our house. I have asked for prayer from the lovely ladies at the 4 Real Forum. However I would ask that if you could spare the time you would pray that our negotiations are successful and that we FINALLY sell this house and be able to relocate to Wangaratta with Stephen and buy a property there.
We are all a little on edge and I have been very blessed by the prayer responses that have come in already.
So if you are able please pray for us.
Well that is all I have for this week. I Pray you all have a blessed and happy week.
For more inspirational 7 Quick takes please visit Jen at Conversion Diary I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts