Friday, October 2, 2009

Celebrating Michaelmas 2009

The morning started off quite intense and we did get most of our plans done , not all.
Have I mentioned I hate having to go shopping for food. With Stephen away this means I can't call him to bring home any last minute items we need for Feast Day activities or meals, so this meant I had to go to town to get some items ready for dinner.

While I was out the children finished the preparations for the play so that when I came home we were able to start the play straight away.

We did do Charlottes colouring pages and a couple of the children did do the felt pictures and the Angels for the dinner table to keep for favours.

We always try to have something we make to keep from the celebations as a favour. We each have a little box to keep each of these small gifts in.

I read from Catholic Treasuer Box 18

I actually told the little ones the story of St Michael first and then Myffwyn kept asking questions so I read her the Story I had posted and then I remembered when I was reading that the Treasure Box Story about the Angels.
I read this to her and the little ones LOVED the pictures. If fact I love the pictures in these books.
Corbyn's pictures and the Angel's that were the favours.
Moran, Autumn and Rogan's
Eden, Vellvin and Myffwyn's
Vellvin's felt St Michael
Autumn's Felt St Michael
Such Angelic beauty.
Check out these wings. Thank goodness they are not real, we would never keep up with him
The non participant and the shy Angel
Lucifer and his sidekick.
Baby Angel....too sweet
The victory team from the play
The shy angel
Angel center pice for the dinner table
Dinner Center pieces with Angel cake
Ready for the meal. WE had Apple Chicken, Angel Hair Pasta and Honey Carrotts.
Angel Cake
Blueberries and Blackberries ( the only way to get them here at the moment) ready for the Strudel.
Blueberry and Blackberry Strudel
Apple Strudel (some of us don't like Blackberries or Blueberries)
WE had a very busy day and I fell into bed without having cleaned up properly.
Thank you Kynan and Braedon I appreciate your doing that. ♥

Sorry about the blurry pics someone put their finger on the lens. The joys of children using the camera ☺

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. Maty God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the Divine Power of God - cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel ~ Pray for us!


Blessings,

1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks fantastic, busy day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...