Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Traditional Feast of St Therese 2009


We celebrated the Traditional feast of St Therese on the 3rd of this month.
I had actually planned on posting our plans for this BEFORE the day, but I was way to tired and snuggling little ones in bed , which inevitability means mummy goes to bed with the children.
We had eclairs for morning tea ~very yummy.
Everyone very busy working on Feast day preparations and colouring pages.
Autumn working on the Chocolate roses. WE use Clinkers in Australia as I haven't found the Kisses mentioned in the "how to."
Rogan working on his napkins, these were his own idea. He started working on these without any prompting. Well Done sweetie.
This is a clinker. Autumn tempting Vellvin with these. Trying to keep the little ones from eating them was a challenge indeed.
Rogan's rose napkins.
Eden working on her paper roses.
Myffwyn and Corbyn diligently colouring in.

Eden and Moran (trying) to make the paper roses. Moran managed to make one little one.
We actually had a very BIG day with all the preparations for this day.
Here we are putting the little Rose Shaped cakes on a plate.
Our lovely Rose shaped cakes and St Therese Statue with Rose candles and a couple of books we own about St Therese
These are the Rose cakes. I was so totally impressed when I saw the cup cake pan for these. I couldn't believe that I actually was able to find one here, in Tasmania.
I think the children are so tired of me saying how excited I was that we were actually able to get this. Did I mention that again??? I was always so impressed with the ones I saw on Jessica's St Therese post last year. I knew I really NEEDED one.
This is my lovely cupcake muffin tin.
These are the little Paper Roses that Eden made. They look very simple but are actually quite difficult to do. I wont show you my attempts...very embarrassing. How blessed we are that Eden is so good at doing them.
We actually give these to everyone ... a favour to remember the feast day.
These are the chocolate roses Autumn made.
Our center piece set for our dinner. We actually only had pink (rose) Creamed Rice for dinner and we went to Mass as this was cooking.
We had everything ready before we went to Mass and had our feast after we came home.
St Therese pic from Charlotte ~ Corbyn, Vellvin and Rogan
Myffwyn, Autumn and Moran

Eden's pictures

ST THERESE PRAYER:

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love; ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more. Amen.

St Therese Pray for Us

Blessings,

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love it! I'm sure the Little Flower enjoyed it, as well. :D

Ruth said...

What a lovely celebration!!!!!

Erin said...

What beautiful pictures, you are ALL so talented.

LOVE the cupcake tin.

Anonymous said...

Gae this post is just gorgeous !
Once again your blog is so pleasing to the eye ... and heart & soul ;-)
Thanks again Gae

Gae said...

Thank you for the encouragment all of you.
It makes my day
God Bless

Jessica ~ Shower of Roses said...

What a beautiful celebration!! It brings back memories of all the things we did last year to celebrate!! This year, leaving town on the 2nd, I had to keep it much simpler... ☺

Don't you just love the Rose shaped pan!! It is one of my favorites! I am so glad you were able to find one.

God bless you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...