I haven't done one of these for a while and thought I would get back on track. Here are my 7 Quick takes:
1. We have started back to our official first term of 'school' this week. All things considered we have gone remarkably well. I have even started on my resolution to keep a weekly review.
2. We are planning for Kynan to be away for the coming week as he attends his week of on campus residential school at USQ University in Queensland this week.
We will miss him but he is going to be busy and then visiting some friends we haven't seen in years.
3. Why is that all the 'for sale' signs along the road we live on now have a great big SOLD sticker on them? Hard to cope with it is!
4. We have 'officially ' received our report on Moran.
We are not entirely accepting of the diagnosis of her condition and believe that the testing done in this past 5 months did not give a fair indication of her real abilities or deal with the issues of her sensory and anxiety.
The second OT I went to with her gave us a much better idea of her sensory needs and some ideas to help her.
Her diagnosis was "Mild Intellectual Disability" and she has been referred to disability services for more help.
We were not given any ideas for anxiety as they did not believe this was an issue for them to deal with given the diagnosis.
5. I am thankful for a friend who took the time to ring me and talk to me about Moran. Thank you Lynn.
6. Our little Arwen is moving about so much. We have to place the barriers up we made for Corbyn to prevent her from falling down the stairs.
Here she is waving to us on the next level down.
7. It seems we have scored a new pet. Elrond the duck just arrived on our property one day and seems to be staying with us. We have a dam and he goes down there each day.
He follows the children around and of course they feed him so he grows bolder each day.Moran feeding Elrond. She can actually hand feed him no problems!
Well that is all I have for this week. I Pray you all have a blessed and happy week.
For more inspirational 7 Quick Takes please visit Jen at Conversion Diary I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts