Friday, March 19, 2010

St Joseph Day in our Home 2010

Would you believe that we had another St Joseph Day (read about last year here) where we had a Topsy turvy day.
However we were able to make our Virtual St Joesph Altar and have some of the goodies to go with it.
We did not make them though as I was out already( Long story- that one again) and had to go to Woolies. I bought our items for this feast day.
I was so impressed with this idea from Catholic Icing we did our own interpretation using Spicy Fruit Rolls.
I know for some purists that buying these not quite 'traditional ' items might not be acceptable. But for us it was what made the difference in participating in today's feast and missing it altogether.
For a great interpretation of the foods usually had on the St Joseph Altar and the meanings visit The Virtual St Joseph Altar.
So some of the things we had were:
Bread in a basket
Fruit in a basket
Sweet bread as well
Canned tuna
Wine
Oil
Bought cookies of different types
Some lovely flowers a well
We did manage to make our own copy of the St Joseph cards. Thank you Jessica for the images.
We also set up a display for our few books (we managed to lose one by the time I was ready to photograph it though) and St Joseph.

I hope you all enjoyed your St Joseph day as well.

St Joseph Pray for Us!!

Blessings,

5 comments:

Evann said...

Congrats, Gae, on your lovely Altar. Thanks so much for sharing your Feast Day with us.
Viva San Giuseppe!

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Love the altar! So glad you had time to use the idea I posted yesterday! I thought it was so last minute that it wouldn't be of use to anyone. I wanted to make homemade stuff too, but my oven is broken right now. Sometimes it's just not meant to be!

Lucy said...

Hi!
This isn't a comment about your post per se, so you don't need to publish it. I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:

http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html



We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!

In Christ,
Lucy

Erin said...

Amazing!!Beautiful:)

~Kathy~ said...

Your altar is so lovely. Thanks so much for sharing pictures of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...