Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tea Talk

I am delighted to be able to share with the other wonderful ladies Tea Talk that Ruth Hosts each week.
This is my small edition for the week...

I'm having.... my standard drink. Instant coffee with milk and sugar.

My Mug is..... a beautiful small white mug that has soft blue forget-me-knots on it. We bought about 8 of these before Kynan was born over 21 years ago and this is the only one left.

I'm feeling....
content with life at the moment.

On my mind....
This is one of my nightly prayers that I have been pondering this Lent ~

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me sow love:
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not
So much seek to be consoled
As to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born
to eternal life.

And as with a lot of prayer I end up singing as I find this brings even greater reverence in my heart.
So here is the Hymn version of the above prayer.


Thank you for allowing me to have tea with you all.
I pray you each enjoy your own "Tea Talks."

Blessings,

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

The St. Francis prayer is one of my favorites. It is on a cross over my door (in Spanish, but in any language it is touching). Of course, it was not really written by St. Francis but well could have been.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gae,
I love this prayer, although I know it well as a hymn, too. :D

Praise God - I actually managed to get my Tea Talk up on Thursday! :)'Tis an interesting one this week.

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Anne said...

Hi Gae,

I remember my highschool days with the poem you just posted. We sang that "Prayer of St. Francis", and it is a beautiful and meaningful song. I still remember the tune so well.

Thanks for sharing it. Brings back so many nice highschool memories... =)

Katia said...

I love this prayer, indeed we must be His instrument of peace to our hurting world.
How neat that you still have one tea cup left, truly a treasured memory.
I enjoyed my tea time with you.
Many blessing on your day,
Katia

Ruth said...

Hi Gae,
Wow! Your mug is 21 years old!

I'm glad to know you're feeling content. Such a blessed feeling.

As I write this comment, I'm listening to your hymn. It's a beautiful prayer and lovely music, too. Thank you for sharing. It's a joy to share tea talk with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Gae,

What memories you must have from the cup and saucer...21 years, amazing!

What joy to be content! It is wonderful when you rest in The Lord for everything :)

Blessings dear friend,

Maria

ps: I am putting together a post on drying and using herbs...hopefully next week I'll be posting. There is no pattern for the long vest. It is a thrift shop find - when I was still buying :)

Judy Dudich said...

I am so glad to see that you are content:)
And how appropriate for your prayer to be from Saint Francis...an "F" Saint!!!!! Always nice to come to your house for tea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...