I am so slow in passing on Awards not because I am un thankful , but unless I pass it on straight away they sit in drafts waiting to be recovered.
So sometime ago the lovely Anne from Like Showers on New Grass passed this on to me.
Thank you dear friend for this beautiful thought. I am humbled by your gentle spirit and care.
More recently, well back in March, Kathi from A Mothers Prayers passed it on to me as well.
As a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger Award, one must:
- Add a link and a note of thanks to the person giving the award
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whose blogs you have recently discovered that you love
- Share 7 things about yourself
So here goes the 7 Things about myself that I want to share with you:
1. I am a very old fashioned person. I love old fashioned values and lifestyles. I am drawn to anything with an old fashioned theme. Clothes, books, food and traditions.
2. I am sure I was born into the wrong hemisphere. I am a Northern Hemisphere person. I love the way the liturgical and seasonal themes work together and I despise the heat.
3. I always wanted to get married and have children. This was what I wanted to do even when the other girls I knew were looking at careers. However I remember when I thought 6 children was a lot as I didn't know anyone with more than 4 children at that time. Now I look around our family and I often remark who is missing when we are all there as it doesn't seem like a lot of people.
4. I love babies...but you knew that already didn't you!
5. I equally love our older children. Having older children and the relationship I have with them is so rewarding. Watching them grow into young men and women who love the Lord and family is a blessing I value each day.
6. I have always been drawn to the Proverbs 31 woman and I try to be as much like this as possible. As well I am encouraged by Ruth and Esther and of course Our Lady.
There is so much to learn form these great and Holy women that I am sure it will take me a lifetime to achieve.
7. Stephen and I have know each other since I was 11 and we were engaged when I was 18. It is a wonderful thing to have spent so much shared history with my Husband. We know so much about each other form our earlier years. What a blessing indead ♥
I now send this Beautiful Blogger Award to the following 15 bloggers, whose blogs I have been enjoying immensely --- These I have discovered from the last 6 months or so up even until yesterday
3. Jamie Jo
15. AmyCongratulations to each of you! May God continue to bless us all through this bond called friendship.