Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hearts for Home 13th July ♥

In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

I also have decided I need to print out my list so I can constantly refer to it and therefore keep it in my mind. I also need to have it put up where I can see it constantly.

My list for the 13th July is ♥ ♥

1. This week is very very busy week in anticipation for Confirmation and FHC. We have much to prepare and visitors arrive next week as well. We have many appointments as well so I WILL REMAIN CALM, I WILL REMAIN CALM...............

2.Continue to work on the dresses for the girls and find some waistcoats for the boys as well.

3. Take time to make sure I allow time for my own devotions and bible readings in this very busy preparation time. Make sure I start our children on their Novena's for the Confirmation and FHC.

4. Find some time for the craft activities that center me as well

5. Plan and perhaps make the Confirmation cakes (these are fruit cakes with Royal Icing on them decorated with ribbon etc) and plan First Holy Communion Cakes as well

6. Work on my own voice level, in stressful situations through the day and hopefully this will help the younger ones especially to modulate their own voices.
This will be very important this week

Blessings,

2 comments:

Gardenia said...

Gae, I am relating to your list this week. Number 1 -- calm calm. I have many times when I remind myself to be calm. Number 4 -- I do feel that crafts tend to balance and center me. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets this feeling. And number 6. I too find myself having to check my voice level during times of stress -- I would like to work on that ahead of time before the stress sets in, so I don't have that jarring feeling when I'm trying to decrease the voice level. :)

Judy Dudich said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes you extended for Laura on benmakesten!

I love #3 especially, here...do you have a particular Novena? Is it one you've written yourself? I'd love for you to share that with me:)

Thank you for the reminder of keeping a moderate voice level...ooohhhh boy, do I need that reminder:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...