In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.
In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.
I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.
I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.
May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.
So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.
If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
God Bless you this week.
♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥
I also have decided I need to print out my list so I can constantly refer to it and therefore keep it in my mind. I also need to have it put up where I can see it constantly.
My list for the 10th August is ♥ ♥
1. We have our dear Kynan's 21st on the weekend. This is a little hard to organise as he has not list of gifts he would like and no ideas on how he would like to celebrate this day.
2. I am contemplating the whole 21st party thing and it's place in our modern society. To me it is a continuation of the perpetual continuing of adolescence and youth without responsibilities. As I believe in 'less modern times' a lot of young people would be married or have a job supporting themselves and the whole idea of 'big 21st party' would be not a consideration in their 'coming of age'
3. Restore the soft voice atmosphere in our home - from everyone ☺
4. Finish Reading The Silver Sword as our family read aloud and start another book....finally. We are planning Wagon Girl as our next read aloud.
5. Organise the Feast day plans for St Rose of Lima - Autumn's confirmation saint on the 30th
6. Start to make the little "Sparrow Post" Invitations for the Tasha Tudor Day celebration and finalise the plans for this as well.
I have gone back to Mr Linky as it seems simpler to use and while i like the visual I don't want anyone stressing over hard to add links ☺
- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts