|The Party decorations|
We finished the decorating in the morning and spent time preparing the "Quest" that we were able to do this year as the weather was lovely.
|Our decorating crew.|
The Birthday Banner in place.
|Birthday blackboard for Bilbo|
|Everyone collects each one of these items|
We chose key themes from the movies (I am a movie fan not a book fan....shock, horror) and a token to represent that part in the movie.
WE then had Saxon and Eden hide these around our property and we all went out 'questing' for the tokens to collect and bring to gain admittance to the party.
Here is a list of the scenes from the movie and the token's to represent them.
1. Leaving the Shire
2. Buckleberry Ferry - paddle pop stick (represents the paddle)
3. Bree - Prancing Pony picture (The Prancing Pony)
4. Weathertop - piece of fabric (represents the cloaks for warmth)
5. Rivendell - twig with leaves (represents the beauty of the nature in Rivendell)
6. Mines of Moria - Small book (the city records found by Gimli)
7. The River Anduin - paper boat (represents the canoes)
8. Isengard - picture of a white hand ( obvious the white hand of Sauramon)
9. Edoras - crown (King of Rohan)
10. Black Gates - picture of the black gate (self evident)
11. Helms Deep - Rock (the fortress)
12. The Path of the Dead - picture of skull and crossbones (self evident)
13. Shelob's Lair - pipe cleaner spider ( self evident)
14. Minas Tirith - picture of the white tree of Gondor (King of Gondor)
15. Mount Doom - pipe cleaner rings (the ring of power)
16. Return to the Shire
|A cute hobbit I think|
|In the Mines of Moria|
Chicken, ham, bread rolls, Greek salad, Caesar Salad, Potato Salad and Pasta Salad. Chocolate muffins an vanilla muffins were also a great hit.
of course ALL hobbits eat mushrooms both cooked above and raw.
We had a wonderful time again, and I am certain of this being a very looked forward to event each year.
Oh and for some fun name Games here is the link to Hobbit, Elven, Human, Wizard and Dwarf names for LOTR
Blessings to you and your homes,