Now there is nothing more comforting on a cold wintry night to have some warm, smooth homemade custard and I would love to share the recipe with you. This is a recipe I have had for many years and it ALWAYS turns out.
Now I always make two jugs for our family of 14 and we love to have it with canned peaches.
6 tablespoons of white sugar
3 heaped tablespoons of custard powder
3 heaped tablespoons of cornflour
8 heaped tablespoons of milk powder
2 liter jug for stirring ingredients
1. Put sugar, custard, cornflour and milk powder into a jug and mix
2. Add eggs and mix in
3. Add cold water in very small amount and stir until it forms a FIRM not a runny mix.
4. Beat until smooth with a spoon
5. Boil water and pour into mixture in one continual stream STIRRING THE WHOLE TIME and afterwards for a couple of minutes.
6. If for some reason it isn't thick enough just put in the microwave for one minute ( I have done this maybe 3 times in over 10 years)
Tasha Tudor's form her Cookbook
We have this with our Stew recipe that is in this post
Yorkshire Pudding by Tasha Tudor ~
1 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. In a bowl mix together flour and salt, then gradually add the mild to make a smooth paste.(I actually use our Kitchen Aid mixer with the whisk attachment for the whole process including the eggs)
3. Stir in the eggs and beat for 2 minutes
3. Pour the batter into a pan with a little oil (do not skimp here) and bake for 20- 30 mins
4. Cut the pudding into squares and serve immediately.
I am joining in with Dayle for Simple Pleasures this week
Blessings to you and your homes,