- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Hearts for Home - 30th August
In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.
In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.
I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.
I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.
May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.
So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.
If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
May God Bless you this week.
♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥
Enjoying our lives on the 30th August by doing ♥ ♥
Hello Dear Friends,
1. Work on getting the pattern cut out tonight for Autumn's, Deb Dress and work on a sample bodice first.
2. Our little Arwen is talking in complete complex sentences as well as understanding difficult concepts.This is a little reminder for me on how quickly our babies grow up and how fleeting the time is. So I am endeavouring to nurture these precious time periods with the children.
3. Well last week I wanted to sew the TWO Gnomes I knitted from my recent Yarn Along's . I didn't actually sew them up but knitted another one to add to my collection of 'almost gnomes'. I want to start some knitted dishcloths as these are simple knitting that I can pick up to relieve me form the more complicated sewing I will be doing. And I will sew up those cute little gnomes
4. Continue to encourage out children to play outside in the beautiful almost Spring days by going out side with them for lessons as well as crafting while watching them play.
5. To continue to say "YES" when asked to read picture books to our little ones, EVEN when I am doing other things. I have found that the younger children seem more contented when I do this and they are less inclined to ask for a DVD.
6. As I go about my home and with my loved ones I will continue to pray for all those who enter my thoughts from near and far, in fact this being mindful of God's promptings in my life has lead to a more gentle and peaceful heart I believe.
Praying you all find peace and joy in your own homes this week,