- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Homemade Reusable Coffee or Tea Bags Tutorial
While I loved the taste and the ease of use I did not like the price tag, especially when the other coffee drinkers in the house decided they liked them too.
So what was I supposed to do?
Obvious isn't it I needed to make a reusable Coffee bag and put some of the ground coffee I already have into it and use this each time.
So how did I do it?
You will need~
crochet or embroidery thread
heavy cardboard or a button
over locker, sewing machine, OR hand sew the lot
2. Fold in half and over lock the edges together making sure you leave an opening at the top.
3. Turn it inside out and fold down the top ( I think it is neater this way but you don't have to if you like a more 'rustic look')
4.Cut out your cardboard shape into a little 'jiggler' that will attach to the thread and your bag.
Thread the needle and ...
5. Start to sew along the top of the bag using a running stitch.
6. Once you have completed the whole top of the bag so it can be drawn up sew on the button (how I have done it since taking these photos) or sew on your cardboard shape.
7. Put coffee in the bag and pull the sting tight.
8. see the coffee sits nicely in the bag.
9. Place the bag in your cup or mag and pour boiling water on to it.
Let it brew a few minutes and then add milk and/or sweetener of your choice.
After use empty out the coffee grounds rinse and dry ready for your next cuppa.
So how was that?
So quick, simple and easy It only took me a mater of minutes to make, and I am sure you will love saving money the same as I did.
Linking this week with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft On
and Wise Woman Link up
Blessings to you and your homes,