Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Inspiring Mothers!!!!

Mrs March~
“. . . [He] showed me that I must try to practice all the virtues I would have my little girls possess, for I was their example. It was easier to try for your sakes than for my own; a startled or surprised look for one of you, when I spoke sharply, rebuked me more than words could have done; and the love, respect, and confidence of my children was the sweetest reward I could receive for my efforts to be the woman I would have them copy.”

I have always loved and been inspired by Mrs March from 'Little Women' fame.
I loved that she was devoted to her family but very sure of who she was and what she stands for. She is not doormat even though she lives her life within the service of others.
That in her life of self sacrifice for those she loves it seems to make her stranger too and able to deal with the stresses of everyday life and all the hurdles that comes her way.
Too view all the opportunities that come her way with a positive and while not always 'happy' way but with a joy that comes from living life to the fullest while being aware of God's presence and role in her life, fulfilling that role to the best of her abilities.

I too want to be able to look our children in the eye and see the life I have led reflected in their eyes as they look back at me, I hope and pray with the respect and love I have shown to them.

That requires me to be virtuous in all things and stand strong in what I believe God has called me to do, and I can only do this when I abide deep in the life of Jesus and then live that life out for all to see.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hello Gae,
Oh, it's so nice to visit your lovely blog after being away. This quote, and also the quote by Mr. Payne in a previous post are so true and inspirational. Thank you for sharing them, and your beautiful family life.
Blessings,
Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...