Last Winter I was keen to add this mixture to our Cold and Flu Arsenal (which reading I said I would share our Chest Rub recipe as well as the soothing moisturiser we constantly use, which I would like to update as we have used them for quite a while now), but did not get around to making up.
It only requires three simple ingredients and a small amount of time-
1.Raw honey is antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-tumor and high in antioxidants.
2. Lemons are antiseptic, anti-viral, antibacterial, aid digestion and contain immune-boosting vitamins and minerals like Vit C, Magnesium, calcium and bioflavonoids.3. Ginger is anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, aids digestion and helps soothe inflamed sinuses and throats. It also helps boost the body’s ability to absorb nutrients. Also effective against human respiratory syncytial virus
4. You will also need a jar to put it all in.
You will also need a jar to put it all in.
1. Cut up your lemons into thin slices I used three for this jar
2. Cut up your ginger into small discs
3. Layer lemon then ginger and repeat layers till you have the amount you require.
4. Pour honey over the top and allow to settle.
5. Put lid on and store in the fridge.
6. It may thicken to a gel or not, it isn't a big deal
1 Take a spoonful out of jar and pour hot water over when you are ready to use.