Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's Ridiculous Really!!

It is ridiculous!!
I can't believe I let it happen.......again!!
The ridiculousness of it started working on me causing me to second guess and worry about the fact that I hadn't done what I said I would.

Perhaps you have never done it but I know I have done it before and I should have see the signs,before it got so embedded in my thinking.
It happens when I am passionate about some thing and truly feel that I am meant to do a task or to share these 'noble thoughts' with others.

But then because  I live and love an everyday life, that life steps in and changes my priorities. Even though my passion is still there God has asked me to use that passion in other ways for the time being. So even though I still feel that passion it isn't appropriate to follow the original course of action I had planned on.

So what caused such a stir in my heart that I let it take hold?
Really, I hesitate to share it because it really isn't that big a deal. It is a minor event in the grand scheme of my life and yours too.
Yes a little event in my life that you had probably not even remembered I said it. However I let it be a big deal for me when I know it is not an earth shattering event that will change the course of history.

I let it change history though because I let what others think, yep, that's you guys at the moment, or rather what I perceived others would think,  dictate my own actions.

I can't believe I actually wrote that!

I rarely allow others expectations to guide my actions and in fact can often deliberately choose to not follow 'standard' ways of acceptable behaviour or actions.
In fact I know my beloved can remember this as one of my most endearing qualities, memorable qualities from our days at school even.

I believe it is important to know where each of us stands on issues of importance and be prepared to take a stand regardless of what others think of us.
A quote I often say to our children -
"Right is right even when no one else is doing it.
Wrong is wrong even when everyone else is doing it"

We have to make sure that we are not affected by others perceived thoughts and thus allow those thoughts to change how we do things, how we react and how we live our lives.

I sadly let this happen, in a small way, that changed my behaviour in a way I feel is ridiculous  now.

But it has also allowed me the privilege of reflecting on my own response to this and then choosing to look at how important this is in my own life and strengthening my resolve in not letting others or how I perceive others think and/or act to affect my own choices and actions in this- MY LIFE.

What was the event in my life that caused this reflection?
Such a minor one really.
I felt compelled to write a series  of posts (and still do) about being a Queen of My Castle. I feel this is an important role for women of our generation to be encouraged in our roles as Keepers of the Heart- Homemakers.
As part of that series I had several life events that I wanted and still do want to share.
I said I would share Part 2 very soon and had every intention of doing that.

I did however know this was a 'thinking post' as I call them and my life at the moment had not allowed me to have what I know, for me to be, proper thinking room.
Fair enough!
That's life!
Agreed!

What I did then though was not!
I allowed the thought that your my readers would expect that post and therefor that was all I could write on.
Truly?
Yes!
Ridiculous! Again yes!

First off  I mostly write to encourage and share about our life as an everyday family living in that 'non exciting world of actual real life' that most of us inhabit. I do like to share how we take the joy of everyday and build memories together, because that is how we live our life.
I let my perceived ideas or opthers thoughts take this from me and I felt I could not write anything else till I had written this post.

Until I started to think about it and then I could see that I hadn't shared the joys of what we had been doing in our lives and saw how long it was between posts.
Because I allowed this to happen I let the joy I have in sharing those ideas here be stolen away, I allowed not following my heart because I didn't want you (others) to say " she didn't do what she said she would."

Such a trivial event and yet it can if let go cause great distress.
I know not to let it happen again.
Not here in my corner of bloggyland and not in my 'everyday' life either.

I know I need to be strong. To stay focused on what is important to me and to  life my life to the fullest!
So I would ask how about YOU?

"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal. A time to destroy, and a time to build.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh. A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather. A time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
A time to get, and a time to lose. A time to keep, and a time to cast away.
A time to rend, and a time to sew. A time to keep silence, and a time to speak.
A time of love, and a time of hatred. A time of war, and a time of peace.
What hath man more of his labour?
I have seen the trouble, which God hath given the sons of men to be exercised in it.
 He hath made all things good in their time, and hath delivered the world to their consideration, so that man cannot find out the work which God hath made from the beginning to the end.
And I have known that there was no better thing than to rejoice, and to do well in this life.

For every man that eateth and drinketh, and seeth good of his labour, this is the gift of God."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-13

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...