Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Plans of Mice and Men (Women too )!!!

As the title suggests my best laid plans to get back in to this space for the new year clearly have not happened!

I  am sitting here tonight after all are in bed, finally with a little time to myself after a busy few days planning for our Arwen's 6th birthday which we celebrated today. Everything has been cleaned up and children are asleep- finally and now I attempt to create some order here as well :)

January is such a busy month each year for us even though it is meant to be our 'holiday season.
It is this time after we finish the Christmas Season that I tend to plan for our upcoming learning year.
Of course I started to make some new year resolutions (yes before the new year),to help me get started in that area,  well honestly I'm still working on going beyond the notes I scribbled down in my notebook for 1001 things to plan for the year. One of which had been to plan for regular weekly posts again.
However I have found that like most things, once you get out of a rhythm it is hard to get back to the previous structure. So I am just sharing a little bit tonight.
One of the other things I need to accept  is that I can just do a small post and move on to a new topic, instead of feeling the need to do long and detailed posts  and then simple not doing any due to lack of time and energy and high expectations of myself.
Can I just say that writing actual posts is something that you quickly lose the ability to do, as I can attest to having only spent quick visits to IG and FB, and that these only require short and brief responses and not a lot of thought!

My life today is different to even a couple of years ago,
It certainly has many different aspects that I need to adapt to now with grown children away, student children back and forth, older children at home, and those middle and little ones who are still very needful as well.

Thus it means that my priorities have changed.
Hence my life has changed and while I miss lots of the familiarity of the time gone before I am enjoying the challenges that come with this new phase of life.
I just need to manage that time so I can achieve what I feel I am being called to do with those things that need to be done with those I would like to do.
I guess this is really no different to any other season in my life.

So Hello from me to you for the new year!!!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

4 comments:

Erin said...

"Can I just say that writing actual posts is something that you quickly lose the ability to do"

I agree, it's a skill that we can lose if not honed.

"My life today is different to even a couple of years ago,
It certainly has many different aspects that I need to adapt to now with grown children away, student children back and forth, older children at home, and those middle and little ones who are still very needful as well."

Yes, yes and yes!! So TOTALLY GET this!! Hang on there my friend{{}}

Kelly Casanova said...

I enjoy seeing your Facebook updates and I find that I too find it difficult to write blog posts after the convenience of uploading a photo here and there with a few words on Facebook. I hope you get time this year to follow your own interests :)

Gae said...

Dear Erin,
Yes I knew you would understand :)
God Bless
Gae

Gae said...

Dear Kelly,
That is the advantage of FB but yes I miss the filled in version of the blog posts
I really am hoping and praying this year brings many opportunities for our whole family to pursue our dreams
God Bless
Gae

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...