Monday, August 3, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - Late Winter Days

A Simple Woman's Daybook 3rd August

Here is the link to Peggy's who is our Hostess for A Simple Womans Daybook. Hop on over and see what some others are doing this week.

Outside My Window ...
Very Sunny, light breeze but cold. Beautiful winters day.

I am listening to...
Older children doing Lessons, little ones playing and middles organising for lunch
***
I am thankful for...
The fact it seems we have a couple of 'nibbles' on the house. Hopefully both parties will be coming to see soon.
That my wonderful Honey has given me a BOOK spending amount to use. After so long I am really looking forward to this.
That Kynan's study materials have finally arrived - 2 weeks late.
That both older boys can continue their Tertiary education from home.
For our family and the blessings of family life.
Just being a Wife and Mother-- these are the gifts I give thanks for each and every day.

From the Kitchen...
Breakfast is lovely warm porridge, hot chocolate milk, coffee or herb tea.
Lunch is salad and sandwiches
Dinner is Fish Fingers and Potato Gems, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
Morning tea - Banana Cake with cinnamon Cream

I am wearing..
Floral skirt, dark red skivvy, brown boots and black tights
Makeup and hair out.

I am reading...
A woman after God's own Heart by Elizabeth George.
I had read this over 16 years ago and when Erin was here we talked books and she borrowed it. Of course then I had to read it again when she raved about it along with my other favourite book, The spirit of Loveliness by Emilie Barnes

Still reading. I have been doing a lot of planning and praying instead.

Looking to the Rhythm of the Liturgical Year:
Preparing and planning for this Month: Immaculate heart
Plan for Cure of Ars, Transfiguration of Our Lord and St Dominic
Pray the St Anne Thanksgiving Novena
Pray the Rosary with Special intentions
Prepare for Sunday's readings
Learn this week's Psalm so it is familiar
Implement the Divine Mercy Chaplet again and the Angelus
In our learning spaces...
Start some of our "Enjoying the Journey through August" Plans ( I am in the final stages of writing these up--yes, yes I am way behind)
Do the Marionettes and Table puppets...Plan to finish by the end of the week
Help Autumn, Eden, Vellvin and Rogan do more writing on their blogs. I am really happy with this as I think it encourages them to think and write about things that interest them.
Write up the Geography plans some more for Africa.
Read Assigned reading books
Continue on with written plans tweaking as necessary
Persist with little girls learning.
I am still putting written plans on to the learning blog so I have it all at my fingertips. Arwen has been very hard to put down for very long as I think she has Colic. Therefor my time to do this is limited.
The Science experiments are going really well. The children are enjoying these.
Indian study needs to be kept going longer.
Continue with the younger ones learning with Story sacks and circle time and the activities that "rabbit trail" off this.

DO NOT OVER PLAN......yes Do Not Over plan

Around the house...
Keep the house tidy in the expectation that we will be having prospective buyers coming through soon.
Keep everything really neat and tidy and stay on the schedule of early rising( Well I am trying, the younger and middle children are good and the older ones are getting better) so the order of the day can flow nicely.
Persist in little ones packing up before moving on to new activity. This is going better but still lots of room for improvement.

One of my favourite things at the moment...
Rose scented soap on newly bathed babies.
***
I will claim a moment for myself...
Start on my Seasons Exchange for my partner.
Finish the silk Marionettes with Autumn. Start the 'regular' marionettes with Eden and Rogan.
Start the table puppets with who ever wants to them

A few extra plans for the week...
Setting up the new computers when they arrive.
Pick up Stephen on Friday from the Airport. He will be having over a week home. We are all very excited. This is the first extended stay he has been home since Arwen was born in January.
Give the children "wiggle" room for their own activities and interests
Get outside and go for walks together.
Get family reading aloud happening again.
Early bird starting for everyone. Practice makes perfect.

A goal for Myself...
To get all the planning I want done so I can just maintain things.

Here are some picture thoughts for the week...
Images of restful situations with family scenes and family life.

Blessings,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...