Monday, October 26, 2009

Prayer

When praying the Angelus today we talked about the attitude of prayer and how different postures can mean different attitudes to prayer.
We discussed how in times gone past the Church bells would ring at 6am 12noon and 6pm for this prayer and how at midday people would stop work in the fields and begin to pray.

I must admit I find it hard to stop what I am doing to pray. If it is my 'dedicated' prayer time I am alright but these scheduled stops we have chosen as a family to add to our lives is a little harder.
How quick we can be to skip it just this once because we are busy with something else. But if we really want to we can always find the time for other less important things.

How I want to be like this Millet painting and put the things of this world behind the important things of God and my relationship with Him

Please pray for me in this desire for holiness that I to can put first things first.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your desire. It is also one of mine. I will definitely pray for you; please pray for me, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...