I decided I liked the idea of listing 7 things form the week that just happened and did not necessarily need to blog a whole post on.
AS my life seems so random and out of control at the moment that is what you get this week-- total random thoughts.
So for my 7 Quick takes this week:
1. We have been eagerly awaiting the DVD release of Night at the Museum 2. We loved the first movie of this.
Last night we borrowed this as a new release, we were able to get it for 1/2 price so it was a bonus.
We thoroughly enjoyed it. There are so many funny characters.
2. I love English deciduous trees. When we went to the "Monkey Park" on Monday with the little ones, part of the park is an English type garden look.
There are many Oak, Maple and Birch trees and others I do not know by sight but love them. Some are over 100 years old and exactly the sort I would love to have in my garden.
We also got very close to the ducks in the pond and saw the most enormous goldfish ever.
3. I am contemplating how to fit in all the plans I want to create for Advent and the items I want to make.
I am trying to get my head around a virtually no bought Christmas presents. Has anyone any ideas for this? Especially for the Lads.
4. I was so pleased with how easy it was to make the laundry soap this week. I was surprised when I read it took 3-4 days to thicken as I had to go and buy some powder to take us through till then. I am sure this will be a huge cost saver though and am really pleased we made it.
Rogan was my right hand man for this and actually grated up the soap for it.
Thank you Rogan honey I enjoyed working with you.
5. Today I took Moran for her hearing and vision screening test. This sounds so simple right, well we had a few 'minor' problems but managed to get through it all finally.
She doesn't seem to have any real problems here, thank God.
However I also learnt that her MRI could happen in 2 weeks if she only undergoes oral sedation. I don't think this is an option for her and we have to wait for at least February next year for her to have a General Anesthetic and obviously admission to Hospital for this procedure.
6. I am thinking about how when our little girls say they want to go shopping with me they always only mean grocery shopping. When I need to run errands to to other shops they don't think we have been shopping until we actually go to Woolworth's.
7. One of the things about reading books for recreation is that I find that I can get out of the reality of our situation for a short time. Honestly I don't think this is actually a good thing but the idea of constantly reading information about home schooling or Moran's issues or even Mothering (as much as this is a favourite topic) is actually kind of wearing.
Wow this one is a total downer, sorry. I did say it was random this week didn't I?
Well that is all I have for this week. I Pray you all have a blessed and happy week.
For more inspirational 7 Quick Takes please visit Jen at Conversion Diary I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts