Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A New Life!!!


How to start this post? Why not straight out?

We are expecting a new precious little baby to be welcomed into our family around mid June next year.

While I have shared this news with some of my other on line community of friends I have delayed sharing it here.
I'm not really sure why that is really, as it really is the best and loveliest news we have had in a long while.

In fact I am told by some that they really did not expect to hear this sweet news again and so they are even more delighted to be able anticipating this new baby.

Truly we are once again so very thankful for the gift of a baby into our family.
We do view each and every child we are given as a gift from God.
We do believe that God alone is responsible for opening and closing the womb.
Even as we/you pray for or against a new child it is God who ultimately decides, and let me tell you it had been difficult to think that our prayers had not been answered as we constantly leave our selves open to the blessings of  new life and to not seem to have them answered.

Indeed perhaps that along with other reflections I have recently on our older children leaving home and the new dynamics that happen within a family as this happens that has helped me to reconnect with how quickly time passes  and how our lives change so very quickly.

It has made me in a way speechless in how I am unable to share how much this little baby means to us.
I really cannot convey the joy and peace we have about this precious little life (lives) with which we have been entrusted but I can tell you form the bottom of my heart how very very thankful and full of love I am for this privileged of once again becoming a mama.

Now just for your interest we still have children who are praying for twins (or more in the case of much smaller ones who have no idea of what they are ACTUALLY  asking)
We have never had twins before and as a single baby would result in an odd number of boys and girls (we have 6 of each) some of the children think a boy and girl twin would do just nicely thank you very much!

For my part I have always wanted twins (which is why my oldest daughter says I wont get any) but I also recognise the hard work involved in such a gift.
So until we actually have an ultrasound I think the general consensus is to still be praying for twins :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Blessings to you and your homes,
 

12 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats Gae!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I always wanted twins, too. What a wonderful blessing!

9peasMom said...

Congratulations! This is just the best most wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

I am so elated for you! I have been wondering if God was going to bless us again, but not yet. Praying for you and can't wait to share these months with you!

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Gae,

I am so excited for you and your family! Wouldn't twins be a fun way to end the family?

Love,

Marqueta

MamiaS said...

Gae,

That is so wonderful. The addition of a new baby is always wonderful news. We too added another little one (through adoption again) recently and it too was something not expected but God asked and we said yes. It has been a long time since I've read your blog and I'm following again. I'm no longer blogging but maybe some day again

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

That is wonderful news Gae. You have been blessed once again with another miracle of God. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and quick delivery. Keep us posted please and we in return will keep you and yours in our prayers.

Sue Elvis said...

Congratulations Gae! It's wonderful to hear your joyful news.

R a c h e l said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news :) x

Kim said...

Oh Gae, I must congratulate you again! This is such wonderful and blessed news! I will pray for you and your new wee babe.
Hugs,
Kim

Vellvin said...

I'm very, very excited, Mummy! :D
I can't wait!

Love you, <3
Vellvin.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Gae, amazing news!

FrontierDreams said...

Congrats! What beautiful news. I am so happy for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...