|Cinnamon buns- recipe at bottom of post|
We are enjoying having Anna-Lisa visit for a couple of weeks and that in our children's eyes ranks as a semi-holiday.
Today we made a mini McDonalds for lunch.
Why would we do such a thing? Well we actually like McDonalds although we rarely go there, but have been known on various occasions to drive through for ice-cream cones on the way home from town.
Well as we haven't moved on from M Week and yesterday we were in Launceston and had McDonalds for lunch and Moran recognised the M sound and letter. I was
First off we made these
She was going to colour in all the bags red, but I guess the fact that lunch was very late left her with limited energy. Only one was coloured in!
Our 'Macca's chef' making gourmet chips for all customers.
No just for fun!
Notice the Sign blue tacked onto the bench, just in case anyone got lost on the way.
All in all the girls were very happy with the McDonald's shop
We also discovered our kittens trying to toilet train themselves.
He is making an axe here, even though it looks like a sword.
He really liked doing this and it does help him use up some concentrated energy, which is good for everyone.
Interestingly enough Moran has been a great 'buddy' to Arwen and is often helping her and taking her for walks etc. She is very dedicated and helpful in the ways she helps Arwen and I rejoice to see them together doing special sister activities.
We have had other life events happening with exams for our older boys and a trip to Launceston and the Genetics Lab people (perhaps another post on this one) but mostly we have been at home, constantly tidying up. I have no idea why this week has required so much of this, but such is life!
Oh yes, and having finally caught up on our washing from the older children being a way our washing machine broke down on Wednesday and we are waiting for a part to arrive.
So you know where I am going tomorrow don't you ....yes the laundromat with at least 9 large baskets of washing.
Cinnamon Buns - we double this recipe (at least)
580ml of water
4 Tbs of butter or oil (I use oil)
2 Tsp of salt
4 Tbs of sugar
7 cups of Bread flour
6 Tbs of milk powder
4Tsp Bread improver
5 Tsp yeast
Sultanas- I just add what ever amount I like.
1. Put everything into a bowl and knead either by hand or mixer until ready.
2. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and roll to about 1cm thick.
3. Roll out to a 40cm x 40 cam square.
4. Melt 3 TBS of butter,
Brush over half the dough.
5. Combine 4 TBS of brown sugar and 1 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon and sprinkle over dough
(at this point I have also added chopped up apple as well)
6. Drizzle remaining melted butter over sugar mix. Roll up widthwise and cut into 2cm thick slices
7. Place on tray 5cm apart and cover with plastic. NB: The best way we have found so they don't stick to the plastic is to cover with a supermarket shopping bag.
8. Let rise until doubled in size.
9. Bake in a pre heated oven for18 degrees for 25- 30 mins or golden brown.
10. While warm add your favourite glaze.
We just use icing mixture milk and vanilla essence
Blessings to you and your homes,