Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hearts for Home- Ist March ♥

In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

My list for the 1st March  is ♥ ♥

Even though some of my goals are similar to last week , I think my focus needs a little adjusting so:

1. Write  letters to my lovely pen friends. I finally found some pretty paper to use, who would think this would be so hard to find. I guess that is because people don't write any more. I really enjoy this but need to allow time to fit it in.
I am very embarrassed not to have completed this but hopefully this week will do it.

2. Finish up my Wooden Folk Exchange this week

3. Start Anna-Lisa's Birthday bag so I have it ready for her birthday next week.

4. Seriously, I need to start planning our goals and ideas for Lent. Although some things we will do the same I am always looking for ideas to add to our spiritual journey.

5. Enjoy the gift of family. Looking for the special needs each person has and try to be more willing to adapt to these needs. In all areas- crafting, talking, helping with problems and our little ones too

6. Be thankful for the blessings I have each day: A loving husband, special children, a new baby due, good food, shelter, having the blessing of Homeschooling and harmony within the home.
Thank you God!

Blessings to you and your homes,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gae,

Your space looks lovely!

I pray that you are able to accomplish everything for this upcoming week...with His help! :-)

M.

Trish said...

Hi Gae,
I hope you get to finish up the things you want to for this coming week :-)
I like your thanksgiving list - especially "harmony in the home"!
God bless you..Trish

Anonymous said...

Oh Gae this is so inspiring ! I hope I may have some goals too for the week ☺
You know I love to write letters too ;-)
I'm off to bed so I may be up early to post a nice note linking here ☺
Thanks Gae

Anonymous said...

Gae,

This comment is for your post "Love Is a Beautiful Thing." I could not put my comment there because there was a picture blocking the part to the comment link.

At any rate, I just wanted to say that I felt your story was beautiful. Even though I am not a mommy yet, I learned much wisdom from your words. I have "been there," trying to make something work in order to "be on schedule," but in the process, people become irritated, and the something you were trying to make work ended-up being a "waste of time."

I also liked how you spent that precious time with your daughter by just letting her know that you cared for her and loved her. I think this inspired her to want to try her workbooks again. Maybe she realized in her little girl way that mommy does care for her.

Well, I don't want to write a book. This was truly an encouraging testimony, and I hope there will be mothers who read it and become encouraged by your words.

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the new look of your blog. those wee wooden folk look so sweet. this is the type of thing my children and I loved doing when they were younger.

Judy Dudich said...

Wishing Anna-Lisa a wonderful birthday. (What a BEAUTIFUL name, she has!)
Each time I read your Hearts for Home list, I want to come to Australia and be a part of your family! I can feel the love, joy, devotion, and faith that you all share together...even on the days when you DON'T accomplish your goals.
It is a beautiful thing.

allisamazing said...

May your week be truly blessed as you work towards your goals. ~Alana~

Mrs Evans said...

I'll pray we all accomplish our goals, and have a blessed week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...