Saturday, April 2, 2011

Past - Present and Future!!

As I love children's books I also have a love of 'so called children's movies.' I think that like quality children's books, that quality children's movies are just as suitable for adults. In fact why would we allow our children to watch or read anything that did not have a quality that would allow an adult to enjoy it as well.

I think there is so much we can learn from these movies and they are 'chock a-block' full of uplifting quotes.

Last week in one of our quiet times (OK I was tired and trying to get Arwen to sleep,) while attempting some cross stitch we watched Kung Fu Panda.

I must admit that originally this movie didn't appeal to me as hilariously funny as I was expecting but like some of my other favourites it has a few quotes that I just think stick to the heart of life itself.

The one I want to share is one that gets me every time:
"Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present"

Wow doesn't that just hit you between the eyes?
Yet we all know this to be true.

We can be thankful and grateful for the past, even learn from it-- if we dare.
We can plan for the future as much as we feel comfortable.
But we really can only live in the moment as this is the only time we really have.

Living in the moment- not longing for the future, how hard this can be.

I need to embrace this more and enjoy each and every moment that I can from my life. Embracing the good, the bad and the ugly. Being thankful for all that comes my way as I share the joy that I have with all those around me.

For right now is the only present I have!!!!

Blessings to you and your homes,

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I so agree with you Mummy!
<3
Autumn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...