Monday, December 19, 2011

Look to Mary... Fourth Sunday in Advent

As we come to this last week of Advent I am praying that I will be able to keep my focus on the coming of our Lord. I know that I have a very busy week ahead of me, with much Christmas shopping for gifts (all of them in fact) and all our Christmas Cooking yet to do, but I am going to make a very determined effort to try to be more like Our Lady and truly immerse myself in the mystery of Christ himself and the life I am called to live.

It may not be a very interesting or exciting life to outsiders but this home where I am blessed to be each day is an opportunity to live a humble life of devotion to those closest to me....if only I take my eyes of myself and say 'YES' to the opportunities placed before me as Mary did.

Like Mary, who lived a very quiet life, and said " Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word" I think we can grow in the virtues of love and grace as we welcome and grab hold of the gifts God has given to us.


So my thought for this final week are to - look to Mary as she leads us to Jesus.


This is a beautiful hymn we sang at Mass today. I love the melody of this ( I couldn't find an online tune for it, sorry) and the thoughts compel me to think of Mary and the love she had for her Son and thus the life she lived in service to Him

THE VISIT~
She walked in the summer through the heat on the hill.
She hurried as one who went with a will.
She danced in the sunlight when the day was done.
 Her heart knew no evening Who carried the Son.

Fresh as a flower at the first ray of dawn,
She came to Her cousin whose morning was gone.
But there leapt a little child in the ancient womb
And there leapt a little hope in every ancient tomb.

Hail, little sister, who heralds the spring.
Hail, brave Mother, who carries the King.
Hail to the moment beneath Your breast.
May all generations call You blessed.

When you walk in the summer through the heat on the hill,
When your wound with the wind and one with His will -be brave
with the burdens you are blessed to bear, for it's Christ that you carry
everywhere, everywhere, everywhere.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have your whole focus on our Lord and your family. I don't think you have to ever worry about having your eyes on yourself.:-)
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!
God's blessings to you all,
With love,
Anne ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...