When looking for a sugar free/ wheat free tomato sauce I found a recipe at Deanne's Blog that seemed quite doable for me.
Since then I have adapted the recipe to suit us.
We are onto my second batch and the first batch lasted nearly 4 weeks and made about 3 and 1/2 litres.
However it isn't anything like the bought sauce and my bought sauce fans are't as keen as the others, but still like it just not in the same addicted way they ate the old sauce.
In fact my non-sauce eaters have not taken to eating more than the others in the family!
3kgs ripe tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 Coconut Sugar (I will try honey soon as well)
2 T salt
1 long red Chilli
½ T cloves
½ T peppercorns
1 T curry powder
2 ½ C vinegar
1. Cut tomatoes into chunks
2. Core and cut into chunks the apples (no need to peel them, I haven't and they are fantastic)
3. Cut up garlic and chilli
4. Put the above ingredients and the others into a large pot
5. Boil gently until soft
6. I have just left mine overnight and then put through the food processor
7. Put into what ever container you have.
8. Don't expect it to last too long...it is delicious
Hopefully this will stop the 'oops I poured too much on.....wink, wink, nudge, nudge' approach that we have had with this sauce.
I guess that proves the point that it is very scrumptious!!
Blessings to you and your homes,